Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

O-RING GROOVE IN STEEL PLATE
I need to cut an oring groove in a peice of 1018 crs. 13/32 hole 5/8 groove ID. I'm going with a #403 woodruff cutter, stagger tooth, and spiralling outward G3 with a .025" pass. G0 back to center, up...
10
10

Re: Blue-collar American men screwed in this depression
OFF-TOPIC distro pruned to The de masculinization of American society/culture, in the sense of the traditional male traits, has been occurring for far longer than the current economic recession. The...

Practically Worthless Machinist Forums
Now with enough obnoxious ads to drive anyone with a clue nuts. Threads locked for no reason courtesy of an ego maniac jerk who runs this joke of a web board after selling out to ad based magazine...
28
28

Injection Molding machine
I have an opportunity to pick up an injection machine. Not sure if its worth more than $500? I've used Engels before & they are nice machines. This one has been in storage for at least 5yrs. I looked...
5
5

OT: Crisis insight
If you have an interest in the GM/Chrysler soap opera or the larger economic drama you should find this of interest. the Mighty Fall: A Primer on the Warning Signs The author of Good to Great on how...
7
7

OT:Hubble Mission
Interesting how this important mission has been ignored by our politicians. I guess they have more important thing to do. These folk's are real hero's for sure....

OT: possible replacement for manufacturing jobs
Special for TMT As a follow-up on the hot-dog pushcart as a possible replacement of high tech jobs, we now have this example from LA. flock to Twitter-savvy food trucks By SHAYA TAYEFE MOHAJER,...
51
51

Drag Finishing
To All: Obliquely related to the recent finishing thread, here's another method of finishing parts. Some excerpts follow: ================================================================ Mechanical...
2
2

Mastercam X3 question
I need to make a change in geometry external to MC. How do I "import" the new file into an existing MCX file? The idea is to keep the existing toolpaths and settings without starting from scratch. I'm...
2
2

A poll....Please everyone reply.
Are you happy with what Obamas has done. Not do you like him....I kinda do, but are you happy with the "change" he has done so far? I'm not. Too bad, he could of really changed things for the better....
22
22

End mills for High-Volume Aluminum Cutting
To All: Saw this article in American Machinist, and thought it might be interesting to some. Some excerpts follow: ================================================================ MaxiMet end mills,...

Things that could help manufacturing.....
How about setting up a "Obama foo famma" fund for industry that makes the grade. Kinda like what the inventor of dynomite did making the Nobel peace prize? ***************************** Tax cuts for...
8
8

Things that hurt manufacturing....
Taxes on products. Especially large increases in them. When you raise the cost of a soda from 50 cents to 58 cents, you really hurt the sale of sodas. Because people will be charged a rounded off...
18
18

Bolt formula
anyone aware of a download spread sheet for calculating bolt/nut tensile and shear loads. Googling brings up web based calculators but it would be nice to have an excel spread. thanks
3
3

Heidenhain TNC426 on Anayak
Anyone used one of these? I never have, till yesterday. I think I've found a sleeping giant in the shop? Never seen a machine like an Anayak. Seen Heidenhain controls, but never really used one....
15
15