Best Rated threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Heidenhain TNC426 on Anayak
Does anyone know if there is a parameter setting for CYCLE 213 (stud finishing) to reduce the lead-in distance (away from the stud) ? The tool enters about an 1" away & will hit other contours close...
5
5

.020" dia hole drilling
I have to drill 1,000 holes 1/4" deep in 6061 AL, using a .020 dia drill. Does anyone have a secret speed feed method/combination to improve drilling time? Center drilling isn't happening, I have a...
3
3

mastercam for dummies
I have some mechanical design experience in gear and fa brication.. I've been given the opportunity to pick up MasterCAM and learn it over a few weeks. Is such software to create tool paths useful for...
1
1

Fanuc 18i Daewoo Puma with live spindle and subspindle g-code proof read.
As a tool breaker, setup/programming CNC lathes is but a distant memory from college before my apprenticeship. I have been charged with programming a Daewoo Puma 200 with C-axis, live tool and 2nd...
13
13

Place to look up CNC machine alarms and find CNC error code troubleshooting tips
Just wanted to share a website to look up CNC machinery alarms and to find tips on troubleshooting specific errors codes.
1
1

Who in here are Haas shops?
I know a few who speak out but I was wondering how many Haas guys we have in here? We just installed a VM-2 and I'm curious about the amount of "first hand" experience present in this group. Don't...
30
30

Coolant Bacteria?
To All: Watch out breathing those coolant fumes. =========================================================== Scientists in Ohio are reporting a long-awaited advance toward making the workplace safer...
16
16

Vario Tec Vise Jaws
To All: Cruising through an online brochure for Westec I saw this product by Lang-Technovation. http://www.lang-technovation.com/variotec.asp
18
18

Fadal 104D Controller
Asking everywhere. We have a machine that still has a 104D control. Any help finding manuals specific to this control. Suppose to have Gibbs on it but can't get to the windows section of the control....
8
8

CAT80 Taper?
Had a call for this type of taper adapter this AM. Will probably just make a shank to go in their collet system... But I am curious what the heck a CAT80 taper is... Any technical info out there on...
5
5

Hurco Power Supply Needed
Hi all - The logic power supply for our Hurco KM3 has gone face down in the mashed potatoes. Nothing is smoked and fixing these is a challenge, at least for me. Does anyone have a spare they want to...
20
20

HURCO Autobend PC
Does anybody here have any info on using HURCO's Autobend PC v1.10 with an emulated dongle? I'm trying to find a somebody to create the software dongle and do the needed changes to the program so that...

CAT40 tools sticking in spindle, fixed
Ref: my posts from 3-24 and 7-25 of this year. problem kept getting worse. Almost all my tools were sticking. Spoke to a CNC sevice tech while I was shooping for a new lathe. He said drawbar should...
3
3

Multi-Kwik Jaw System
To All: Here is something I saw over in Practical Machinist. A vise jaw system for holding multiple parts. =========================================================================== Every time you...
6
6

Stoning a reamer?
I just run the small face of the stone (the 3/4x3/4" square face, rather than the 6x3/4" of a "standard" toolmaker's orange stone) along each flute, such that the face of the stone is perpendicular to...
3
3

Parameter manual fanuc Omate
I need parameter manual for fanucO mate pdf format. Please help me Thanks

help with fanuc oi control
Hi, Our new Kia has a fanuc oi control and uses either a rs232 serial interface to a computer, ethernet ( much too expensive) or a pmacia card. I would like to find a low cost solution to network this...
15
15

Demagnetizing Digital Calipers?
To All: What are your thoughts on putting digital calipers on an electric magnetic surface grinder chuck (that has a demagnetizing feature), to demagnetize them? Comments:
10
10

Replaced the hard disk drives with compact flash card readers on my CNCs.
This might be of interest if you have a PC-based CNC control as I do. Omniturn guys might be able to do something like this too I think Yep, no more worries about the C: hard drive failing in my CNC...
2
2

postprocessor fanuc 21i tb
I Hello I'm looking for a postprocessor from fanuc 21i tb to work with mastercam x2
1
1