Best Rated threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

acramatic 2100 program rewind problem
I have a Cincinnati sabre with the acramatic 2100 control. The program doesn't rewind at the end of the cycle. M02 or M30 doesn't make any difference. I am new to this machine and not sure of the...
9
9

how much stock should be left for grinding.
how much stock should be left for grinding between centers also for centerless grinding.
1
1

GCode for Chess Pieces
Looking for code for a standard chess set using a V-Mill.
14
14

control parameters (in notepad file) for Bridgeport series II interact 4
I have Bridgeport series II interact 4. I lost my parameters. does anyone have a notepad file of the MPs? all my projects are on standby :( thanks in advance.

Fadal 32MP - CMOS Battery
Booted up one of the Fadals this morning and was greeted with a battery low warning and had to re-configure the BIOS settings to get it working properly. The lithium battery is soldered to the...
2
2

Mori Seiki SL1 Servo error
I have a Mori Seiki SL1 with Yasnac 2000G control. Went to power up today and got an error 31, servo power unsupplied. Checked the DC power supply and saw that the 6 leds were not lit. When I power up...

Pinch turning length to diameter limitations
Group, Has anyone ever done any pinch turning, and what was the longest length and smallest diameter? By pinch turning I mean two turrets simultaneously turning at once. The challenge I have before me...
14
14

Machining CPM 10V
Has anyone had experience machining CPM materials? If so whats the cutting speed (sfpm) for carbide milling & HSS drilling? Crucible says its :Machinability in the annealed condition is similar to T15...
3
3

what is the difference between VMC and drill tap center?????
How DRILL TAP CENTER differs from VMC and how higher productivity is achieved?????
1
1

Hardinge CHNC turret woes
I'm trying to get the turret working on a hardinge CHNC with a new control. Its drove me to drink, I just said F%^& it and grabbed a cold one. I can't get the turret to land on the locating lock pins...
18
18

Beware Fanuc, memory problem
I had an Error 101, clear memory. So I did as in the book... power up while holding delete key. It not only cleared all my programs it also cleared out the protected 9000 series programs for the tool...
2
2

Mori Seiki NMV5000 DCG with MSX-711 control
Hello all I was wondering if anyone in the group was familiar with the MSX-711 control and could help me out? I've written a warm up program and want to make it a "9000" series protected program....

Squirm Gears What happened to them?
Take a look at this old article. I remembered reading that, and then never heard of them again. Sure they are expensive, but would they be a good idea for example for a CNC axis? The backlash...
10
10

840C (HiTROL) CNC Control Optional stop
I have Hyundai HiT - 15S with Siemens 840C (HiTROL) CNC control. I went trough manual etc. but I can't find anything about optional stop M01 that exists on every other machines in the world - I guess...
2
2

pullmax dmc 212
Hello I'am looking for electrical schematics of the pullmax dmc212 nibbler we are a school in belgium and we bought this cnc machine on an oction but now we have troubles with the i/o card (apk-2b)...

Self test to see if you suck at machining...
Since everything is relative, and you could be the best in your shop and totally suck at the same time, or the reverse could be true... I've made this little test so young folks can tell if they suck...
18
18

cat40 toolholder sticking in spindle
I stopped using WD40 and started putting on a tiny bit of Moly grease. I still have one holder, a 3/8" end mill holder which I keep my edge finder in, and it sticks like crazy. no amount of cleaning...
13
13

Need help restoring parameters to a Fanuc 0TC
Comm port died on our SL25. Followed cables to the memory board, ordered a new one. Populated it with the old proms and loaded 900-917 parameters. Thing will not let me change 906 and after a power...
8
8

Mori Seki SL1 NC lathe programming
THanks to the several who have helped me get my lathe running! It all seems to be fixed up and even the BTR is working. Now I have to get the programming figured out. When I write simple code to move...
24
24

Computer for MAXNC 15 (Open Loop) mill
I bought a MAXNC 15 (Open Loop) machine on ebay a couple of weeks ago. When it arrived, the computer that came with it wouldn't seller was quite helpful but didn't have a good idea for what to do...
17
17