Best Rated threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hacking Haas
Does anybody have any experience hacking any Haas machines? i.e., increasing the 4000 RPM spindle speed limit on certain mills. Hugh
2
2

Haas Minimill, really accurate??
This mill has some accuracy, ,positioning, repeatability = .0001-.0002", for $30,000! Any one have experience running it? Is it really so accurate? Can the mill cut parts within .0002" accurate?
32
32

RS232 problem on HYUNDAI HIT 18-S
Hi, can anyone help me with rs232 communication on this Hyundai? Each time I try to send/receive data I get message: "Serial port is not initialized". I set correct transmission (on transmission mask)...
2
2

A useful tip...roll dimensions, checking angles
Roll dimensions. People call it different things, but it's a way of checking angles on a sine plate for location. (DESCRIPTION) The way of checking a part by putting a pin of known diameter (gage,...
12
12

passwords in TRUMPF L3050 (2024 Update)
I connected the TRUMPF L3050 machine to the local network. Now I can load *.LST programs to one of two directories tops.dir or topsmanu.dir but I want to load *.TMT programs to the machine. ToPs in...
5
5

UG vs Mastercam
This video is awesome. It really shows you the difference between the two cam systems finished product, the cut. But you gotta watch the whole thing for full effect. maybe 3 mins.
57
57

How do you remove the chuck frpm a lathe?
Can't find it any of the manuals I got with the machine. Kitakawa chuck and cyclinder. I would think you must unscrew the draw bar first then unbolt the chuck. Correct? Thank You, Randy Remove 333...
4
4

Haas vs. Fadal
I thought I'd separate this from the other thread. We are talking to Fadal tomorrow. The main point of comparison seems to be the box ways vs. linear rails in Haas. One argument I heard is that Haas...
23
23

drilling 6063 aluminum, burr on breakthrough
I could not get 1/8 x 4 flat in 6061 so they sold me 6063-t6. 3/8" hole at 2037 RPM, 16.26 i/min and I am getting a huge burr on the backside of the hole. sharpened drill, then changed to new drill,...
5
5

Sinumerik 3M
Hello, I have Chiron FZ16L with sinumerik 3M 4B. After a problem of cnc, we are removed the memory board FX1120 of the rack and programs are being erased. Siemens tell us to reinitialize CNC and...
1
1

question? haas or hurco
general machine shop work , no real production , large variety of work , mostly steel and 4140 with some aluminum haas vf2 or hurco vm2 ? hurco has better price and more included options saw the haas...
7
7

Hitachi Seiki peck drill cycle...AGAIN
I've got a Hitachi Seiki HT-25G with a Seicos Lamda 40L controller, and I can't get the thing to do a "normal" G81 peck drill cycle. I posted this here a few months ago and nothing that anyone...
5
5

Fadal C axis error
Awl -- It says error #8, #10, indicating magnet, encoder problems, motor overload. It makes lots of funny noise at low speeds, quiets at higher speeds, the noise started a cupla days ago, until the...
9
9

What would you buy DMG, Mazak or Haas
We are considering one of the following machines for R&D work cutting aluminum, steel and hardened steel (Rockwell 54). We need tight contouring tolerances across a 2-3 inch thick work piece. The...
16
16

fanuc 6MB 4th axis parameter -- setting dia?
Just wondering, is there a parameter in a fanuc 6MB controller to tell it what diameter part your running in the 4th axis, so it will compensate linear and rotational feedrates to be the same? And if...
9
9

what epoxy do you use to join delrin parts?
I've got some delrin parts that need joining... what do I use to do it? I heard there was some special epoxy for joining Delrin but I don't have a name or supplier. Anyone? Thanks, Mike
4
4

Speed & feed for Stainless 13-8 MO ??
Recommendations / experiences with turning 13-8 MO stainless? Including threading. Cliff can you dig up some speeds & feed info? ca
1
1

Yam CK2 problem
Hi all: Recently we have buyed a YAM CK2 (Fanuc 6T) lathe in an auction, of course... no manual,no schematic,no anything... The lathe work fine a couple of months, but today awake with an error. The...
1
1

Meldas 64 controller and rs232
Hi and greeting from Italy. I'm writing this message on behalf of a friend who doesn't understand English. My friend works in a company that own a milling machine powered by a MELDAS 64 ASM...
4
4

HAAS mill tool changer problem.
I am a high school machining teacher, and my Haas VF-1 mill froze up on me during a tool change. the changer timed out and gave me an alarm for low air pressure, and got stuck. I can't get it to...
2
2