Best Rated threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Milltronics Sim disk Replacment??
I recently purchased a VMC16 Milltronics milling machine which has a 486 PC I board in it and has American Megatrends bios dated of 10/10/94 id string is 41-pa00-00-1343-00101111-101094-u880s9-h When...
3
3

Fanuc 3m drip feed (DNC) conversion/upgrade
Fanuc 3M drip feed (DNC) conversion chips can be purchased from for the lowest price anywhere I know; a little over $900. The price also includes chip sockets so inserting them into your main board is...
7
7

Mazak T32 128 Emergency Stop
Our T32 lathe is getting a 128 Emergency Stop alarm. Which, by looking at the manual, says the e-stop is active. Push/Pull the e-stop a few times, nothing. The alarm is associated with a blinking...
14
14

Fanuc OMC 900 parms list
Sorry Steve, Since I have two older machines with the 0MC control I looked in my trusty (note expensive) manuals and lo and behold NO 900 PARMS discriptions....mmm....sounds like another manual they...
3
3

Applicon Bravo
I got a problem with Applicon Bravo in which the system just crash. This system is running for more than 10 years and I wish to transfer the software to another NT base system. Unfortunately, Applicon...
10
10

HEIDENHAIN iTNC 530 Tap Cycle Help Conversational Format
Hi, Will someone post or email some programming example of a tap cycle. Specifically CYCL DEF 209 TAPPING W/ CHIP BRKG but 207 or 206 floating would be a big help. I don't get an alarm, but I also...
26
26

Mori ladder password
I have a Mori ZL153 with a Fanuc 18i control that I want to make one tiny edit to the ladder on. "L" is the password to view and I know how to change the parameters to chang the ladder and I even have...
1
1

Z axis contouring..... what is it?
If I move the turret on my Hyundai Lathe, Siemens 840C control, to the Z + limit I get the error " Z-axis contouring" I am then screwed and cannot do anything (z axis will not move) until I power down...
7
7

Hyundai lathe dead, now alive again
A few weeks back my HIT-18S lathe died. I was running a new part and I had the Z clearance set to Z10. and with a long tool it backed up too far and I got the dreaded "z-axis contouring" error. Now...
2
2

Visi cam vs. Master cam..
We have never used a cad cam system. I've always programed with the teach pendent. Recommendations? Which one has the best PP? We have A/B 9600 controllers and Fagor 8055. We know we'll need 2...

Self adjusting (loosening) Kwik Switch tool holders
Hi all.... Our Wells Index / Hurco vertical mill has acquired the ability to loosen its own the tool holders while operating. The tools stay tight in the holders but after running a few minutes...
5
5

Hurco Trackball replacement / retrofit
Hi all, Well, the trackball on our Hurco KMB CNC finally died - apparently a common problem for machines of this particular vintage - and a web search for a replacement found us gizmos in the...
3
3

Haas g-code -- inneresting.....
Awl -- Mostly I've been bitching about the clumsiness/complexity of the Haas control, esp. it's miserable file-handling protocols. Hooray, Fadal.... But alladat complexity is finally yielding some...
4
4

OpenGL vs. GDI - Mastercam
Hello All, I just installed X6 and the default is OpenGL. I create geometry and I can't freeking see it until I switch to GDI? What gives with this? Is it my graphics card? Is there a hot key combo...

JAPAX JAPT 3F
Hi. We own a JAPAX JAPT 3F Wire EDM since a month we are unable to operate this one because we use a E-JAPT Computer (2 floppy and a tape) and one of our floppy disk 5 1/4 is damaged on the floppy it...
1
1

Fanuc 18T on Hardinge Conquest T42 spindle alarms
We just received a Hardinge Conquest T42 with Fanuc 18T control. It was working at machinery seller's shop a couple weeks ago. Now doesn't want to play nice. Getting several spindle errors. Alarm 24...
1
1

Any fanuc experts out there?
Like every friggen cnc guy on the planet knows fanuc...but... I would love to get T5M6 on one line in MDI. I looked thru the toolchange macro and cannot for the life of me figure a way to get it all...
26
26

File transfer problems, siemens 840c control
When sending a file to my "new" lathe it errors every time. I get the first 500 bytes of the file then it quits and gives errors 110049 and 110058. " check interface parameterization" and "transfer...
3
3

Looking for Mazak Slant Turn 15 universal 1000 ladder diagram
__!__ -----o----- " " ------------------------------------- Hi all I am looking for a Mazak Slant Turn 15 Universal 1000 electrical wiring Diagram (ladder Diagram). Is there anyone could send me a...
3
3

Are Your Retention Knobs Too Tight?