Best Rated threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ReactOS and Mach-3
Have anyone tried to run Mach-3 or other Win based machine, engineering, CAD software on this Free ReactOS ? ReactOS is an NT4 compatible Hybrid Free operating software. Julius

Oversize Taps
Hi All I have an housing to machine in AL6061-T6 . After machining it has to be hard anodized. The drawing calls for "over sized" tapes for all holes which are to be hard anodized. The sizes are 0-80...
9
9

Part Maker vs DP Technology
we have a new swiss style screw machine and it's harder to program than our Citizens so we are looking at CAM to help us out. We are doing fairly complicated machining and with live tooling thrown in....
6
6

Fanuc macro B thread....
wow...on topic..imagine that? Im writing a macro for the milling dept that takes a program processed off UG and runs the first tool in all the positions, then runs the second tool in all the...
32
32

Re: Anyone need any Hardinge CHNC 1 manuals?
Just got home after a 12 week break... I run a CHNC with a refit control. If you have anything on mechanical work, I could use a copy. Karl

Post_processor NMV5000DCG
-- Hello, i use solidcam for my cam system, & i need post processor for machine 5 axis moriseiki NMV5000DCG for solidcam 2010. maybe you have experience with this machine. Thank`s very mauch Best...
2
2

Used Omniturn?
Awl -- I'm going to be looking at a used omniturn this week, with a 1 5/8 bore (!!), with a bar feeder, for about $14K, that I may go halves on, with someone -- who I dread going halvsies with, but...
4
4

Sub-plate strategies....
Awl -- I'm going to be putting a subplate on my Fadal 30x16, for the purpose of using switchable/palletized fixtures on top of that, via pre-drilled holes, dowels, etc. Thinking mebbe 3/4" thick....
18
18

TopSolid
Hi, I'm looking for some information about the data that is output by TopSolidCam to the postprocessor. Is this a proprietary format of TopSolidCam or is it regular CL-data that can be translated by a...
4
4

Mastercam Posts .NC files and .ERR files
Hey, I am using mastercam X3 for a 3 axis VMC, just wontering if anyone knows how to make masterCam skip posting the .err file, my output folder is cluttered enough as it is!
2
2

Mitsubishi HA80 CS Servo Motor- Which drive to use
Dear All. greetings. I have 2 Servo motors Mitsubishi HA80 CS on my Rotary /Tilting table, that I bought Used. There are no Drives; I wish to request learned forum members if they know which Drive can...

How do you test a DC servo motor
I have several 3 hp DC fanuc servos, which I want to test for basic operation. Any idea what I can quickly do to spin them up. One connector is four big pins, another is many small pins. I assume that...
8
8

Help with Yasnac MX3 control
Is there a program repeat M code? Thought M99 but the manual used that one for something else. Couldn't find anything in the manual. Thanks Red
1
1

ladder password for T14i/ 16i control needed
I'm trying to figure if I only need to set a keep bit to get status lights for a stack light working on my robodrill. I think Y0003.3-3.5 are the outputs used. I tried to look at ladder but it wants a...
4
4

Cost to enable an option on a Mazak?
We have an E-800V 5-axis Mazak. It has the Fusion 640M Pro control. Anyone know the cost to enable the "convert to EIA option"? I'd like to know before I suggest it at work, as there is a lot of...
3
3

for sale 4/5 axis Trunnion table for 3 axis CNC mill
we are selling a working 4/5 axis fadal trunnion model tr65 currently used on a fadal vmc 3016. It works with most fadal 3 axis cnc mills and other brands too. This has been used to cut aluminum...
20
20

ON Topic, Z-axis overcurrent
Sorry if this is a duplicate Getting a random Z-axis Overcurrent error. (Mori Seiki, Yasnac MX2) What would cause a random overcurrent, worn brushes?? (D.C. Servo.) Errors while idle or moving. Any...
3
3

Tool Test / Cost Savings / Being Competitive
This is some of what I have learned since becoming a member of this newsgroup almost a decade ago, when it was fun to post and learn about things actually used on the shop floor. I thought I would...
16
16

5 axis question
I have a customer with a brand new 5 axis trunnion bridge type mill. He has MasterCam X2 and they wrote a post to match the machine. The control is a Fanuc 18i. We have done some test parts and they...
22
22

Bandit cnc communicating to windows xp via rs232
I have an old bandit cnc mill level II that I have been using with a dedicated computer running dos. It communicates well with the dos computer. The settings are MODE com2:110,e,7,2,p and I can just...
11
11