Long jaws....

Hey,
Y'all dint tell me you cain't put long jaws on the *moveable jaws* of
kurts!!!!
Sheeit, I hadda cut that long jaw in half, now I *gotta* use a center
c-clamp!!
No biggie, just one of those mid-setup wtf? conunundrums, is all....
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®
PV:
Of course you can, we did it all the time, even with three vises. Two vises is a snap, you just need a couple of spider handles and spin them simultaneously.
Reply to
BottleBob
Oh.... *simultaneously*, eh??
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®
Bingo.
I have also used 1/2 13 shoulder bolts, through hole in the moveable jaws, that you only snug when clamped.
Also done with a 24" radius cut into the step in the jaws so the outside clamps first; you cut them clamped *hard* on a couple 123 blocks, with Kanttwists on the outside.
You havent lived till you have done all this on a hand change 4 axis Kasuga with a Centroid controller.
Couple of holes in the sheetrock, but hey, job done.

Reply to
Scott
PV:
Yeah, but that's only after you first screw the jaw on and have to crank it up to your part (or your 1-2-3 blocks so you can machine the jaws). After that it's no biggie since you're only loosening it just enough to remove and insert the next part.
Reply to
BottleBob