rs232 comunications - please

i need cable diagram for rs 232. machine 25 male connector and computer 9 female. i will use cimco editor_v5 to comunicate, please provide good setting on machine and software please.

my machine: mori seiki lathe SL5-H control: fanuc 10T-F

thank you

Reply to
mirek6

It has been posted here a number of times to this group, all you need to do is a search.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Iv'e made tons of cables, but these days I go ahead and buy one. They are freakishly cheap and the cables are molded. There's no solder, or crimps, or screws, just a cable.

Everyone sells them, even haas now sells 25 foot cables. A haas cable will work fine on your equipment. It's like 20 bucks.

Any settings are fine as long as both ends match. Go in and see what the machine is at and set the sender at the pc to the same. E71 N82 it doesnt matter.

Reply to
vinny

check memex.ca

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I find on the web this setup, but not work on my machine. When I make connection to PC runing windows XP i get error: SR823 FRAMING ERROR(RS232C_), but when connect to other computer with windows 98 no error but no comunication. Below is my setup - what is wrong? thank you for response:

Fanuc 10 - 11 - 12 - 15 - Series Controls top Suggested Cable Pin Out CNC Control Computer 9 Pin DB-25 Male DB-9 Female

1 (Chassis ground) (Not connected) 2 2 3 3 7 5 4 and 5 looped 6 8 20 looped Notes on Suggested Machine Control Settings Set the PWE parameter 8000 to on (all ones). The machine will go into Alarm mode as you are setting the parameters. When finished setting the parameters set 8000 back to off (all zeroes) and hit Reset. On 10-18 Series Controls using ISO format, only Baud rate and number of stop bits can be set. Always use Even parity, Word length 7, and 2 Stop bits. The control must have a tape reader to do dripfeed. To dripfeed, go to tape mode, set up our comms software to Send and Wait for XON, hit Cycle Start at the CNC. To pause dripfeed turn Feedrate Override to 0%. Suggested Machine Control Parameters #0000 TVC = 0 CTV = 1 ISP = 0 NCR = 0 EIA = 0 #0020 = 1 #0021 = 1 #0022 = 1 #0023 = 1 #5001 = 3 #5110 = 3 #5111 = 2 #5112 = Baud Rate (10 = 4800)

Suggested Send Settings Baud Rate 4800 Parity Even Data Bits 7 Stop Bits 2 Handshaking XON/XOFF Header 37,13,10 Trailer 37,13,10 End of Block CR/LF or LF/CR/CR or LF Codeset ASCII Suggested Receive Settings Baud Rate 4800 Parity Even Data Bits 7 Stop Bits 2 Handshaking XON/XOFF Header Trailer Discard Characters Characters 0 to 31

Reply to
adam7

Should be 2-3 and 3-2 contact me at snipped-for-privacy@debcomachinery.com and I will send you the Fanuc PDF that deals with serial communications.

Reply to
Dave B

Sorry the cable is correct as you have it.

But if you want the file let me know

Dave B

Reply to
Dave B

DB-25 DB-9

2 3 3 2 7 Jumper Jumper 4,5 7 & 8 6,8,20 1,4,6

per gfk2263

Dave B

Sorry about the confusion

Reply to