Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Laplace function of bell-shape time function
What is the laplace function of bell-shape time function?
2
2

Steady state error
For unit-step, ramp, parabolic inputs, we can estimate the steady- state errors. But how to estimate the steady-state errors, if I give an input is not either of them (a random trajectory)? Or is it...
6
6

PROTECTED BLOCKS OF SIEMENS
CAN U HELP ME OUT TO BREAK YHE PROTECTD BLOCKS IN THE SIEMENS

CFP - www.ieem2008.org (industrial eng & management conference)
2008 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management Singapore, 8-11 December 2008 The International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management...

Optimal control - LQR problem
Hello, I'm reading an introductionary article about LQR controller design. In the article is stated that goal of LQR is to find such control signal - u that will minimize the following performance...
10
10

Questions of SFCs
I've done both PLC & DCS programming over the years, doing both ladder and function block programming, but I've never been steered to using SFCs for programming, and, in fact, don't know much about...
2
2

A question on contral parameters in dynamical systems?
Hi gurus, I have an urgent question on contral parameters in dynamical systems. I would greatly appreciate your help! Suppose we have a dynamic system as dot{x} = f (x, eta), where x is nx1 vector...
1
1

B&R Automation OR Lenze Gerit?
Hello! I'm an italian brand-new graduate, and I've got a question: as an application engineer, is better working with B&R Automation or with Lenze Gerit? Cheers, S.B.
3
3

Important Survey on IEC 61499, Function Block as a Programming Tool
Hi I am a student doing an report regarding IEC 61499. In order to complete my school module, your feedbacks on IEC 61499 greatly appreciated. Download FBDK for a testrun on Function Block. Why use...

Siemens S7 200
Help: Ihave a plant that has a bunch of S7-200 plcs and they are all password protected from the last guy i am told. I do not wish to change them all out however i have no choice to replace all these...
3
3

Solenoid Valve
I'm looking for a 3 way SST diaphragm solenoid valve. I want it to be direct acting with a 24 VDC coil. I'd also like it to have positive position feedback that a PLC could interpret. I want to use...
3
3

nonlinear non minimum phase system
I know some basic principle of the minimum phase system concerning the linear system, however, I cannot understand why some of the nonlinear systems can also be called non minimum phase system. Can...

PID Control on Micro with PWM
I am trying to use a micro to control a pump and I intend to use a PID controller for this. Here is what I have 1. I have a target set point pressure (units PSI, bar or mmHg) 2. From the micro, I...
5
5

Servo motor control
Can anyone link me to some good sites or papers about servo motor control. Thank you
2
2

State space model problem
Hi, Maybe this is a straightforward problem/question, but i am not sure about how to proceed in the modeling of the following problem. Let's consider the following two-dimensional control problem....
4
4