Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

instrument tagging standards
Good afternoon group, I have what some may view as a "dumb" question (although I have always thought that the only "dumb" question was the one that never got asked). Is there a standard for the color...
3
3

flame detector
hello I need some references about flame detectors that detect flame of burner in water tube boilers. please guide me.
2
2

PID control on helicopter
Hi all, I am sorry if this problem has been answered but I cannot find much help from the archive. I am trying to hover a R/C helicopter with a IMU using PID on a test bench (omnidirectional). I track...
7
7

BLDC motor using a PI control problem
Hello, I have a legacy code which uses the similar code to the Microchip application note ( the BLDC motor works fine with a 19:1 gearbox using the current PI loop but when I change the gear box ratio...
3
3

Ozone dose control
Greetings everybody... Well, I came to you with a little difficult problem controlling ozone dose for a process. The principal issue is to mantain certain ozone concentration in a buffer tank even...
13
13

Effect of discretization on feedback controllers
Hi all, I'm doing research in mobile robotics, and I have very little knowledge of control theory. However, I am currently trying to use feedback controllers to guide the robot along a given...
6
6

This is what you do about non-linearities
can back up the authors opinions with my experiences. It isn't just marketing fluff. Peter Nachtwey
12
12

Transmitter issue
Dear All An instrumentation issue - A machine is utilising three 4 to 20ma pressure transmitters for control purposes. They are all on different circuits which have their own supplies. For certain...
4
4

DARPA Vehicles & R/C Rover with Surveillance Video Camera Demo
Pls post comments -- much appreciated! Rover with Wireless Surveillance Video Camera, custom built by a = team of experts from Cal State Long Beach Engineering Technology.=20 The Rover will be...
1
1

ARCS-08 Draft paper submission deadline is just few days from now
ARCS-08 Draft paper submission deadline is just few days from now The 2008 international Conference on Automation, Robotics and Control Systems (ARCS-08) (website: ) will be held during July 7-10 2008...

"Open Wiring" vs. Ratiometric LVDTs
Out there in the wilds of industrial application how common are the "open wiring" type of LVDT vs. the ratiometric type (see for definitions if you need to). I had thought that the ratiometric types...
3
3

Digital implementation of a control design
Hi, I'm kinda new in this world of control design. I have a simple question. I read some tutorials on the net (like this one: It's about speed control of a motor using a Frequency Design Method (Blode...
6
6

FE-Sizer Update - Release 3.36.0
Do you perform, maintain, or review/check orifice calculations for your production plant's orifice flow meters or for process plant instrumentation design engineering for your engineering firm? Then...

Does anybody know of an Intrinsically Safe or CL1 Div2 Vacuum Transmitter?
Steve Landau

robust control: a simple pid controller is better then every hinf! Why?
Hi folks. I currently experiments with a PT2 uncertrain plant. For that system i'll create a controller which has a specific robust performance. For that i'll use Matlab 7.3 with Robust Control...
1
1