Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

bode plot stability analysis
i have simple question. On what criterion the bode plot can be used to study the stability. If it can be used for all kind of the system, why we need nyquist plots? Can someone explain me more on...
7
7

Win vs Linux for SCADA
Hi all, I am looking into the difference between application of SCADA (HMI) on Windows or Linux platform. Can anyone direct me to an article about this? Are there HMI systems running on Linux? Thanks....
5
5

state space of mutual inductance
Hi, has anybody ever calculated a state space matrix of a system with a mutual inductance? I'm really thankfull for every suggestion. Alex
1
1

PLC vendor
Nipple Clamps!
2
2

Source code for process control...
Hello, I would like to (automatically) tune output of an audio source (i.e input) using a program which I will be writing. Do you know any source codes for PID-controller or for adaptive controller?...
17
17

PD(PI) Math Model (e.g.Tank Level)
Anything could be thought in mA and minutes. level moves v1' = 15 mA/min Process transfer function F1(s) A1 * v1' = v2 = 0.3mA (Valve step) A1 = 0.3mA/(15mA/min) = 0.02min F2(s) Feedforward controller...
45
45

periodic systems
Hi I need some information about control of periodic systems can anyone help me?
2
2

Process Control for 3 variables: Target and 2 Disturbances
On the basis of the topic already discussed I made a compensation and add disturbances to see whether this concept will work properly. Basically I fed back a PI controller for handling the...
3
3

velocity estimation from position measurement for speed control
Hi, Could somebody help and advice how I estimate the velocity from the position output of an incremental shaft encoder (two outputs, 90 deg. shifted). I use Simulink and xPC target to control an...
3
3

Simulation of a nonlinear system in MATLAB
I have a nonlinear model that is represented by: TVo/V*X''+X'=KVo/V*D where D is the control input. I wanted to design an integral controller to control X to some Xd(desired) Assuming that V=Vo. I did...
5
5

PID and PD^3 comparison
PID and PD^3 comparison: Have a look to http://home.arcor.de/janch/janch/_control/20070514-controldoc/

Well Level Detector
I need something to measure the level in a well. The well has distilled water in it. Its about 30 feet deep and only 6" wide. I would like something that I could just drop in, so I could take a...
3
3

New trends in Siemens's power generation DCS
Greetings to everybody, I'm interested to learn more about new trends in control industry for power plants, especially about Siemens's DCS that is used for power plants. I know that last year Siemens...

P & ID online education/tutorials
Hello, I'm new to the group. I am an electrical engineer, and I just started a new job where I will be expected to create and understand P & IDs. Most of the projects I'll be working with will be...
4
4

Questions on Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 700S (VFDs) and ControlNet
I'm working on an application in which the customer will have a ControlLogix PLC, and we plant to use ControlNet to interface with some Variable Frequency Drives and in so doing, reduce the number of...
1
1