Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

softmotion+NI
Dear all, Who has any experience with National instrument soft motion. Try to design my own controller on the motion system. Starting with PID. I ve try the available program. It seems rather straight...
1
1

Mathematical Control Design for a Chemical Plant
On the basis of compensations of transfer functions (example) I tried to find an optimal design for a chemical plant. The time would be in minutes rather then seconds. Here is the velocity and...

Measure density and flow in a gravity line
How is it possible to measure flow and density of slurry flowing in a 12" pipe without pump, with gravity only? Is it possible to connect to the big pipe a smaller pipe in upward direction and measure...

Faults in process industries
Hello, I a student working on Fault tolerant control in process industries. ("Fault tolerant control" tries to keep process/controller running in case of faults, by retuning existing controller,...
4
4

Non-linear control question
I've been researching a problem in non-linear control and I've come up with a problem that seems rather easy but nevertheless have not been able to tackle it. Any help is appreciated. Here goes: Let...
2
2

Oxygen Analyser Calibration
Can someone point me to a calibration method/procedure for an in-line paramagnetic oxygen analyser (dumbell type). TIA
1
1

Some Basic Modeling Thoughts
See therefore some definitions for example in: is compensating by approbiate means if high quality counts: - process and controller time response: F1(s)*F2(s) => K - set point SP and process value PV:...
17
17

VuKit Scada software.
Apologies if this is the wrong group. Some years ago (perhaps 10 or more) I developed some Scada applications using a software package called VuKit. Essentially it was a way of embedding a graphics...
1
1

Advantech A/D etc Boards
I have several of these older model PC add-in boards - new leftover spares from a project. Where's a good place to advertise them for sale - here?

State-space Control for Disturbance Rejection with Multiple Actuators
I am working on designing a controller for an optical beam tracking system with multiple actuators. I can sense the angle of an incoming light beam that moves based on two sources. The first is the...
3
3

IEC 1131 61131 permissive schemes
Hello, I am reading an spec that literally says: ". The provision of control permissive schemes compliant with the IEC 1131 standard is encouraged." I have tried to find-out about 1131 permissive...

voltage level shifting
Hi, Could anybody advise how to perform voltage level shifting. We have got two encoder channels: A and B coming from two Hall Sensors. Unfortunetely, the system (Advantech board) can only recognise...
4
4

impulse coeficients
can anybody show that the impulse response, h(k), for a minimum phase system, i.e., H(z) with stable numerater, is always positive? thanks a lot.
2
2

Controlled position acceleration on the basis of a known process transfer function
What are you talking about this time? I have no idea how to talk to you to be understand. And once again, please, start new subject and tell me or us, what are you trying to show or say. I have been...
23
23

In Praise of Dimensional Analysis
After six and a half years, I still get email about my article "PID Without a PhD" ( from people who are asking for clarifications, or are asking questions that go beyond what I could say in the 5000...
55
55