Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Model reference adaptive control question
Hi, dear friends, here is a question in model reference adaptive control plant: y(t) = a*y(t-1)+u(t-1) model: y_m(t) = a_m*y_m(t-1) + u_m(t-1) control: u(t) = -theta(t)*y(t) + u_m(t-1) adaptation:...
1
1

how to prove definite positive
Hi, my dear friends Plz help me with the following question x(t) = x(t-1)+P(t-1)theta(t-1)u(t) P(t-2)theta(t-1)theta(t-1)'P(t-2) P(t-1)=P(t-2)- -----------------------------------...

Digital Speedometer, Calibration, Report Writing
Hi everyone I am working on a Digital Speedometer, i almost finished making PCB for the digital speedometer which includes 3 parts, 1 power supply, 2 sensor part, 3 digital speedometer PCB, its looks...
3
3

Looking for recommendations for simple MEMS rate gyros and supporting curcuitry
Hi All. I'm going to be needing a simple (and inexpensive) rate gyro measurement system for an upcoming set of experiments. I only need a single-axis rate gyro, but I could also use a full 3-axis...
4
4

Modeling the Dynamic Behavior of the Jacketed Stirred Reactor
The control objective for the jacketed reactor study is disturbance rejection. Specifically, we seek a controller design that will minimize the impact on reactor operation when the temperature of the...

Calcualting Motor Torque
I am looking for a motor that meets the following requirements: Spin about a 50 gallon tank filled with liquid Tank of about Diameter 12 in, height 16 in The motor needs to start the tank from sitting...
6
6

Getting started with Control Engineering
Hello, I have some rather old books on Control Engineering that have material similar to the Wikibook on "Control Systems" ( and I was wondering if this material is a good way to get started in...
6
6

Modbus Plus
Hi, I am interested in desigining a communication card with Modbus-plus connectivity. This card will have Anybus-s interface on the other side. Can you please let me know, 1. What are the schemes to...
5
5

Design Level of Operation for the Jacketed Stirred Reactor Process
The jacketed stirred reactor process has a reactant feed stream entering the top of the vessel. A chemical reaction converts most of this feed into desired product as the material passes through what...

Transformers...
In a production machine. Using 460 3p Y into a 120/208 3p Y transformer. Should the neutral be tied to the earth grounding point. Having a small 'discussions' with the ..... well looking for the...
1
1

Cheap or DIY String Pots?
Hello, I am aiming to overcome my natural ineptitude and build an oversize midi controller. Apologies for cross posting but I'm not sure where to look for help. See this thread: am most likely going...
8
8

Mechanica 2007 !!!
Hi This is Pranava from IIT Madras Mechanica is the technical festival of mechanical engineering, presented by Mechanical Engineering Association (MEA), the largest of its kind at IIT Madras. It is to...

Looking for a low cost MPC
I am responsible for the I&C on a small continuous chemical plant. We think that MPC can contribute to increased profitability, but our budgets are really tight, so we are looking for a low cost MPC...
1
1

lag compensation design assumptions?
I have a plant, Gp = 100/s(1+s/100)^2 I need to compensate this plant using lag compensation to give a phase margin of 45 and a Kv=200... So I know that my compensator will be of form: Gc =...
8
8

FANUC robot tutorial
Hi, I am robot programmer(ABB, KUKA) trying to get into world FANUC robots. For that reason, I am looking for any documentation, tutorials and software about FANUC robots. Thanks