Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Modbus TCP
Hello Have anybody implemented Modbus-TCP over real time variants of Linux? If yes could you give me a performance measure of latency incurred by the RTOS for servicing a I/O request. Thanks in...

ID of process with delayed recycle
Hello, I trying to develope am OPEN LOOP databased model (using system identification methods) for "Tenessee Eastman Challenge problem" system. TE problem in Brief: The process has a reactor, a...

PLC with MPC capabilities?
Hello a few months ago I read an article about a powerful programmable logic controller (PLC) type of hardware that had model predictive control (MPC) among its blocks. That would be unheard of last...
4
4

VHF Ethernet
Hi I would like some help for creating wireless ethernet network using VHF radio with frequency range of 130MHz-18MHz (for SCADA application). The distance supported shall be upto 100km LOS. Repeater...
14
14

Control valves for wet steam
Just wanted to know what the prevailing thoughs are on sizing control valves for wet steam. Have steam at 80 psig and 300 degrees. Sat temp for 80 psigis 324. What woukl be a better choice,, sliding...
4
4

science fair ideas
I am a parent volunteer trying to facilitate a school science fair project. Specifically, do you think that ultrasound could be used to measure ice thickness on a lake (ice on water)? are there any...
4
4

Motion control of DC brush motor
Hi, is there anybody who can recommend a PWM- amplifier which I can use to drive a DC brush motor (5A, 24VDC). We have got the motor already and looking now for an appropriate drive. My knowledge with...

A Design and Tuning Recipe for Integrating (Non-Self Regulating) Processes
It is best practice to follow a formal recipe when designing and tuning a PID controller. A recipe lets us move a controller into operation quickly. And in most all cases, the final performance will...

Help Me
I am working on a control system project where i need to come up with dynamic equations for the control system. i can also get it online but i was unable to find any good website to find the...
3
3

Please help me
Hi every one Im looking for a very good topic for my final MS. project in the field of Adaptive Robot Control or Robust Adaptive robot control Your comments and reply are warmly welcome Yousef
3
3

Motion control and data acquistion system
I am looking for a motion control solution. I want to advance a carriage on a ball (or Acme) screw or screw jack with a resistance up to 3,000 lbs force. The ball screw diameter will probably be about...
11
11

Help me...
Hi ALL This is Vibhuti...well I am doing B.Tech in Instrumentation and I am in the final year...I have been recruited by an EPCM company(Fluor) and I want you to tell me something regarding EPCM and...
2
2

Advantages & Disadvantage of SCADA system?
Any body please tell me briefly what are the Advantages & Disadvantage of SCADA system? in practical world?. best regards, Rizwan
32
32

Robust control Tools and literature
Hi, can someone say what is major literature for learning "Robust control", after one knows the "classic control"? For tools, I suppose, one should use Matlab with Robust control toolbox? Thanks!
2
2

using DDE to get data from Excel in Data Link
Hello guys, Who can help me to solve my problem that I can not get data from excel using DDE application in FIX DMACS. I really appreciate it your help! Best regards Steven