Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bode plot Vs. Root Locus
Hi All, I am a bit confused between the stability of a second order system as predicted by Bode plots and by the Root Locus technique. I have a system with just two real overlapping poles at s=10 ,...
15
15

Boiler Drum Level Dynamic Simulation
I am looking for help to build a dynamic simulation of a boiler drum level. Issues that are important to capture include: - inverse response of the level to changes in drum pressure, steam flow,...
3
3

Parker ACR9000
Any one here used one before? Have build custom machines using the 6K series. Rep talked us into the ACR for this project.. Comments? st

MPC stability
Hello, I was just wondering: Can implementing MPC on a stable linear system, gives unstable closed loop behavior? In case of PID control, if we make PID more aggressive (increase Kc beyond some...
9
9

Nonlinear Observers
Hello, Is there any good book or paper on Nonlinear Observers? I have tried technical journals but all of them start with specific type of observer. I am new to nonlinear observers so want some basic...
2
2

valve limit switches recommended wiring in protection systems
We are working in a modification project on a chemical plant where we have to implement a logic for a protection system where we have valves limit switches involved. In the Hazop arised a question...
9
9

Integration methode
What is the consequence of using the often used integration method in control systems: Yn = Yn-1 + ki * Xn compared to the more precise: Yn = (Xn + Xn-1) dT / 2 + Yn-1 Thanks Ole
8
8

Do Not Model Disturbance Driven Data for Controller Tuning
A fairly common stumbling block for those new to controller tuning relates to step 2 of the controller design and tuning recipe. Step 2 says to "collect controller output (CO) to process variable (PV)...

cascade control
dear all Can anyone tell how to achieve bumpless transfer in cascade loops along with different modes the primary and secondary controllers are during execution. B/R Kiran
5
5

Dancer Speed follower circuit before i build one
Yes, these drives have all of those controls how ever, they do not correct for the problems totally. These pay off units use a catenary arm that has a short travel to them. If it wasn't for this short...
16
16

doubt
For continuous time linear systems, I use rung-kutta 4th order integration approach for analysis purpose with proper integral sampling. Can I adopt the same approach for real-time digital control...
7
7

Need for suggestions on studying ILC
I will take up the ILC research during my next 3 years, please give me some advice on the future, best reference books as well as the mathematical foundation required.
12
12

Custom PLC Programs Generated Automatically
Sorry if this seems like spam, but I need some people to test out a product I recently launched called The PLC Code Generator. It can generate an entire PLC program from simple input and output...
1
1

PID control of Batch process
Hello, I am a graduate student in process control field. I want to control batch process using PID controller. I want to apply PID on batch system to make it follow certain trajectory of controlled...
4
4

AB remote I/O
Using a PLC-5 with some 1794 remote i/o and have a question about the logic. The instructions BTR, BTW use a five word integer (N) data file for the Control Block. What does this Control Block...
11
11