Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Possible causes for error in Coriolis Meter measurements
I am looking into a coriolis metering problem with a short (
10
10

How to set up DCOM properly to connect server and client remotely
Hi all, I need to know how to set up DCOM properly so the OPC server and client can connect to each other. Details: server and client on separate pcs. pcs not in any domain. pcs installed with windows...
4
4

panelview 300 2711-k3a2l1
Hi Folks: I'm having problems with this terminal. I wonder if someone could help me. The AB phone number circuits are loaded. The furthest I get is using the built-in DF1 driver with a 1747-UIC (USB...
1
1

How to set COAUTHIDENTITY properly?
Hi all, anybody has experience with COAUTHIDENTITY? I can't seem to get the values correct :( My code is shown below: ZeroMemory(&coAuthIdentity, sizeof(coAuthIdentity)); = (unsigned...
1
1

Calculate the minimum number of lines required on the encoder disk if an optical incremental encoder is to be used?
A robot control system requires a shaft velocity measurement in the range 60-3600 rev/min with a resolution of 10%. The handshaking protocol allows communication to the computer only every 10 ms. I...
1
1

I have to calculate the maximum shaft speed possible to maintain measurement reliability
if a photodiode with a rise time of 10 micro sec is used to detect the light modulation through an optical encoder disk with 1000 lines on it. how i can calculate the maximum shaft speed possible to...
1
1

how it could be connected to the PIC16F88 microcontroller?
I have to design an incremental optical disk position transducer system with a resolution better than 6o and need to draw a suitable interface circuit diagram showing how it could be connected to the...
1
1

Modeling a column bottom level with bottom draw flow
I wanted to model a column's bottom level (as CV) with the column's bottom draw flow (as MV). I can do a step test and use a model identification software to generate model for me. However, I'm unable...
9
9

Best Text on Robust Control
Can anyone tell me what the best text on Robust Control is? I want something that has the theory and examples of how to use it. Most of the texts that I have looked at are just theory and no real...
7
7

RTD and electronic signal noise
hi there, I am facing an acute problem with the RTD which I am using for a bioreactor control. A DC motor is used for agitation of the bioreactor. The RTD is a three wired one and it is calibrated...
2
2

shorting of the drive DC output leads
On 3 Nov 2006 03:09:56 -0800, "sergius" proclaimed to the world: Why do you need a switching power supply for the drive? All drives I have seen "switches" the AC power to a DC output internally.
1
1

EtherNet-IP protocol
Hi all, EtherNet IP (Industrial Protocol) is quite new to us and here is our problem. We have to read some process values from EtherNet/IP enabled piece of equipment. Our master is a Linux box running...
2
2

noise removal
Greetings, I have a signal captured in a pc for certain duration of signal.I want to remove the noise from the signal of interest is the fundamental component of the signal and I think if I can find...
7
7

Clean coal commercial
Is anyone else annoyed by the clean coal commercial where a young girl says ""Let's face it...kids are just better at technology than their parents. For instance, by the time I graduate from college,...
4
4

The other three switch puzzle: how to wire them all to a singe light
There is an old puzzle that asks how to wire three three-way switches in such a way that each of them can switch on or off a lamp. I read abou it at least 30 years ago. This is NOT the puzzle about...
66
66