Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

searching for a string vibration response program on SCILAB
Hello dear members of the newsgroup. I'm working on a string vibration problem dealing with differential equations. I'm searching for a SCILAB program that simulates the response of a string length...
2
2

Help in Selecting University for Msc Control (UK)
Hi, I am apsiring to do my Msc Control Engg and got offers from Univ of Sheff (Msc Control ) & Univ of Bath ( Msc Dynamics& Control ) . I have 2 years experience in Automotive Control(in INDIA) and...
4
4

Recommend a microcontroller or PLC for welding/plasma cutting?
Note sure if is dead or not. I am messing with my welding machine -- former 3 phase Hobart CyberTig -- by changing it to use a PCTI SCR firing controller. Without tiring you guys with details, it will...
8
8

Anybus communicator
Hi all, I have an Anybus communicator (Modbus RTU) connected to a weight scale and I'm trying to read the data that is on the Anybus with my computer. The configuration switches on the Anybus are:...

What is RSI.RSView32OPCTagServer?
Can anyone tell me what is? I have a customer trying to use it with our DA custom client, but he gets 0x8007007E -- "The specified module could not be found" from QueryInterface(IID_IOPCServer, ...)....
1
1

toggle switch
Dear All I wan use the toggle switch in ladder logic. if anyone can tell me logic that how can i built the logic for toggle switch with one contact in put thanks Thanks
1
1

Authors wanted for DDC/Building Automation/HVAC Articles
I am the webmaster for and we are seeking authors to write articles for the site concerning HVAC/DDC/and Building Automation. Please email webmaster for more information. Thank you, Richard
1
1

Control of a light source
Hello, I'm developing a control system to stabilize the luminance and the color temperature of a light source (an incandescent lamp). Both the luminance and the color temperature depend on the current...
7
7

Industrial Ethernet Implementation
Hello all; I'm researching a control project, and I'm getting lost in the protocols... Want I want to do is create my HMI in Microsoft .NET, talk to PLCs and custom hardware over "Industrial Ethernet"...
6
6

RSView32 & Virtual Keyboard
Hi all, I'm developing a RSView32 app on a touch screen panel (no hard keyboard). I'm trying to set up a string input field and my options are: 1) RSView32's native string input field 2) ActiveX text...
1
1

A new FBG device for dynamic monitoring
A new FBG device for dynamic monitoring TRICOM has completed Fiber Bragg Grating Dynamic Interrogator FBG-3000. It is the most advance high speed Interrogator for Fiber Bragg Grating sensing, the only...
1
1

Need a compensation method/filter for a signal
Hello, I have a signal which contains some peaks in it. They are not noise peaks but rather like discontinious local maximums. I want to smooth this peaks out. I have tried to illustrate the problem...
9
9

practical info source??
Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation of a book, website, etc. that has some practical process control advice....temperature loops in particular. I have a temperature loop where we are heating a full...
4
4

Symphony DCS
Dear All I am working on H&B Symphony DCS and Maestro UX as front end.I am facing problem to install print server in Maestro UX for print out the alarm histry.if anyone have procedure to install print...
1
1

Antonym of 'Executive Controller'
Most control systems that I know of involve some sort of executive controller that's responsible for taking some user's desired result and turning it into commands for other things, and the 'real'...
18
18