Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Controlling amplitude of harmonic oscillator
I'm trying to figure out how to use basic control theory to design a controller that controls the amplitude of a harmonic oscillator at resonance. For example, I want to drive a spring mass damper...
3
3

IP67 rated fieldbus IO modules
Hi all, The IP67 rated fieldbus IO modules from Turck and Beckhoff have been available since mid 2004. Success stories posted on respective web-sites extol their virtues on machine and OEM level...

Labview for Control
Anybody use it? Do you need special hardware for real-time control? Tam
7
7

[Shameless Plug] A New Book
"Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems". By me. The first few copies have made it into the hands of the public, at the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose, thanks to Elsevier having it...
149
149

Industrial generation dynamic behaviour
Hello, This isn't strictly a control question, but it relates to a current control problem. We're modelling parts of a plant power generating system and need an indication of approximate process...
2
2

OT: Computer controlled digital camera?
I have a situation where I want to take digital photos (snapshots - not video) of the contents of boxes as they move along on a conveyor. I'm thinking that a photo would be taken at the same time that...
6
6

Control Loop Stability and Sampling
Hi I have a motor drive modelled in simulink making use of Space Vector PWM and I'm having a few problems with stability. I have a PI current controller on the front end and I'm trying to tune the PI...
4
4

Nema 4 19" rack enclosure needed
I need to mount some equipment for a mini radio station. The equipment is 24" deep into the rack, and only 20" tall in a standard 19" rack mount. So, I need a small free standing cabinet, minimum of...
4
4

Suppress noise to below the white noise level?
Hi group, I am controlling a process that has a certain white noise level combined with some pink noise (1 over f in the power spectral density) at low frequencies. I am able to succesfully stabilize...
2
2

CFP: IEEE AICS2006 - imminent deadline for extended abstracts
IEEE Advances in Cybernetic Systems (AICS) 2006 Conference ========================================================== Sheffield Hallam University United Kingdom. Sept 7-8, 2006. IMPORTANT: Deadline...

Fuzzy controller in Simulink for an AC servo motor
Hello, I am trying to design a fuzzy controller for an ac servo motor in simulink. I am trying to use the Fuzzy control toolbox. I will have 2 inputs and one output for the fuzzy controller. Error and...

Instrumentation Design Software
Hi all, I am interested to hear from other instrumentation design practioners on the pros and cons (good, bad, ugly) of the following software packages: InTools from Integraph Corporation (My own...
1
1

Recent Posts on Process Control Blog
is a blog that offers information and discussion about automatic process control. The complete Table Of Posts found at Controlguru includes: Fundamental Principles of Process Control Sensors Should Be...

Siemens S7
Hi to all, it=B4s possible to upload the program and configuration of a Siemens PLC without a project of step 7 ? Alex
1
1

Stepper Motor Behaviour
Just come across a stepper motor behaving in a strange way and feel at a loss for an explanation of how it might be able to do this. The stepper motor is rated at about 1kW is a bipolar device with...
5
5