Best Rated threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Updated version of ISA S20 specification sheets
Hi, The TR20.00.01-2001 (with new data sheets) has been available since 2004. Has any end user / engineering consultant replaced the old (1981) ISA S20 format instrument data sheets with the new TR20...
1
1

Maths: the Laplace Transform of the Dirac's comb?
The Laplace Transform of the Dirac's comb +inf +inf Sum d(t - n*T) is 2*Pi/T Sum d(s/j - 2*Pi/T) -inf -inf I unsuccessfully tried to find the steps between the function and its transform via two...
2
2

Siemens S5/S7 Floating-Point Formats
Does anyone have a description of the Siemens S5 and S7 floating-point formats? A web search finds a conversion library at which I could buy, but I don't need all the other functions it contains....
2
2

basic control problem
I have a basic question from ogata. i hope you know the answer. consider the system defined by matrices: A=[0 1 0; 0 0 1; -6 -11 -6] B=[0; 0; 1] C=[c1 c2 c3] Except for the obvious choice of c1=c2=c3,...
6
6

How upload a program to PLC Mitsubishi Fx2n with GOT940
Hi, i littel question: i've a system composed by a PLC Mitsubishi FX2N + a Touch Screen GOT940 connected. The question: i've made a progam with GX Developer for the PLC and a program for the GOT940...
1
1

Used Woodward EGCP-1 engine control for sale
I've got two used EGCP-1 controls. These are no longer made by woodward. Good idea if you are looking for a backup unit, or cheap loading control..... Includes the end user, set builder, and password...
2
2

s = jw
Hi, The main mathematical tool engineers use in control is Laplace transforms which enable one to take an ordinary differential equation(s) and express it in the form of a transfer function. For...
13
13

What is RSI.RSView32OPCTagServer?
Can anyone tell me what is? I have a customer trying to use it with our DA custom client, but he gets 0x8007007E -- "The specified module could not be found" from QueryInterface(IID_IOPCServer, ...)....
1
1

Student Question on using a PID as a Dimmer to Control a Light Bulb!!! This is a fun one!!!!!!
Hello, My name is Dave and I am a student at SDSU. I am not an engineering major, so I cant speak the engineering language too well, but I have taken level 2 college physics and 2 years of chemistry....
48
48

modbus and iec 870-5-102
Hi, i m trying to understand the relation between modbus and iec 870-5-102, do these protocolls have same properties or what are the differences... can anybody give me a short information about the...
4
4

Bosch PV60 Amplifier
I am looking for the schematic diagram for the Bosch PV60 Amplifier. Can anyone help ?. TIA, woodglass...
1
1

Help!! Your opinion on the direction of Industrial technology devices?
On Sun, 1 May 2005 19:08:16 +0300, "Dimitrios Tzortzakakis" proclaimed to the world: Ever heard of a power transistor or Triac? Be well, HoP The preceding message represents personal opinions and/or...
12
12

Valve Linearization
Hey there, I have a valve I have linearized on a pipeline inlet into our sour gas plant. Typically this 8" butterfly valve runs wide open, and when it does, the pipeline pressure upstream of the valve...
5
5

Honeywell Experion PKS
We have a long term client who has asked us to help him with an upgrade of his TDC system to Experion PKS. We have not been exposed to Experion before and we've been upfront with him about that, but...
8
8

control system for automatic hammock ?
I'm looking for a simple principal to build an 'automatic hammock rocker'. I would imagine this is a classic control system problem. The system should be able to pull the hammock to one side, up to a...
5
5

E-stop on a conveyor: hardwired or PLC?
What is the standard practice for wiring a conveyor e-stop? My intuition says that you would hard wire in a relay, but I have seen a few instances that the e-stop is wired to a digital input on a PLC,...
9
9

Structured text compiler.
Hi Group, I am planning to write a structured text (PLC programming language) compiler as my Masters Project. I would greatly appreciate some comments, thoughts and advice on how realistic my goal is....
3
3

Honeywell UMC800 program needed
Being a first time poster on this newsgroup, it figures that I'm looking for something that is several years old. I need the control builder software for the Honeywell UMC800. VERSION 2 Version 2 is...
4
4

Sulphur pit level measurement
Hi all, I am looking to install a level measuring device in a sulphur blowdown pit. Steam is introduced into the pit and an agitator keeps the sulphur molten (viscous liquid??). In the past (earlier...
14
14

PHD Shadow server configurations...
Hi, Just wondering about a few things. We want to have our Shadow server collect data from 4 LCNS via PHD buffer nodes. I have currently installed Oracle on the Shadow server with PHD database, and...