Best Rated threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1747-PIC ALLEN BRADLEY ERROR
I am using RSLOGIX with Windows 98. I had no problem for the last several weeks communicating with our SLC500 equipment, until today... I hook up the laptop to the SLC500 via a 1747-PIC. When I do a...
17
17

Cheap or DIY String Pots?
Hello, I am aiming to overcome my natural ineptitude and build an oversize midi controller. Apologies for cross posting but I'm not sure where to look for help. See this thread: am most likely going...
8
8

Profibus in Delphi 7
I have a system that uses a PC for the SPC end of a process with the cell controller being a Siemens PLC. The PC software is written in Delphi 7 and the previous engineer decided to write all of the...

Torque needed to generate lateral force with eccentric
Hello, My engineering school days are way back, and I'm looking for some help with what I think is a fairly basic problem, but I'm not sure where to start: I want to move an object with high precision...
13
13

"Open Wiring" vs. Ratiometric LVDTs
Out there in the wilds of industrial application how common are the "open wiring" type of LVDT vs. the ratiometric type (see for definitions if you need to). I had thought that the ratiometric types...
3
3

OMRON E5CN control a temperature range?
Hi I'm not an engineer or anything like that, but I have an OMRON E5CN temperature controller that I use for controlling fermentation temperature for my homebrew beer. I've managed to set it up and...
7
7

Does Siemens s7-3xx have a timing diagram like AB's Contact Histogram or Trend
Well, the subject is a fair summary of my question: Here's the deal: My Client typically uses Rockwell, and sometimes Siemens among other controllers. I'm fairly strong with Rockwell products, but am...

RSView32 & Virtual Keyboard
Hi all, I'm developing a RSView32 app on a touch screen panel (no hard keyboard). I'm trying to set up a string input field and my options are: 1) RSView32's native string input field 2) ActiveX text...
1
1

time constant of typical control valve (urgent help)
HI Guys: I'm lookin for help specially from those who have been in industry. I'm trying to size valves for simulation purpose only,i.e. I'm not going to install the valve, just sizing them to match...
4
4

Need high acceleration actuator
Hello, I am looking for an actuator (pref. linear) that can reach 6m/s, then withing 2mm decelerate to a stop and reverse direction at that point. I have found a voice coil actuator that can do this,...
2
2

Free 300 page Process Control Book
Free 300 page Process Control Book Practical Process Control, released in 2004, is a 300 page book that teaches you proven methods and practices for automatic process controller design, analysis and...
6
6

Yokogawa Centum CS 1000
Hi All. In my lab in SISIN ITB (indonesia), we use DCS Yokogawa Centum CS 1000 to simulate an industrial control system. But I have a problem now. When I want to "download common section" from System...

PID-Tuning, rule of thumb?
Dear Colleagues, does anybody remember the following rule-of-thumb for PID controller tuning? : 1. set all parameters kp, ki, kd to minimal influence (0 or 1, depending on the controller realization)...
2
2

CTAPI (Citect API) in VB, ¡¡HELP NEEDED!!
I try to use Citect CTAPI in Microsoft VB6 SP3 but fail. A few functions work, like ctOpen, ctClose and ctTagWrite. Private Declare Function ctOpen Lib "ctapi" (ByVal sServer As String, ByVal sUser As...
2
2