Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gcode 2000 Gcode mcode from DXF Free 30 day trial
Mcode from DXF files

Metal Web News - Information for Metalworkers
You are invited to visit the Metal Web News Web Page at: MWN is a source of how to do metalworking information for all types of metalworking interests including machining, metal fabrication, welding,...

Advise Needed on Converting Bridgeport Mill to 220 single phase
My son has just purchased an old belt drive Bridgeport Mill with 575V 3 phase motor. We only have 220 single phase in our hobby shop and I have been told by a local rewinding shop that they can rewire...
1
1

"The fine art form of metalworking"
The fine art form of metalworking at Theresa Durand is making a kitchen table, but she’s not using a hammer and nails — she’s using a torch.

A good book for intro to metal casting...?
Hello, I'm interesting in seeing whether I can do some simple metal-casting at home. Is there a good book for the total and complete newbie/"idiot"? Is there a different one for mold-making? Also, if...
4
4

Why not start a black oxide operation?
Group, Why not start your own black oxide operation? I have heard a number of people say, stay away from black oxide for EPA reasons. Is this accurate? Can the fluids (or whatever materials required)...
1
1

5V Tooling
I am looking for 5V tooling for a Van Norman mill. Any leads will be appreciated
1
1

OT - MIKE GRAHAM
Back in April someone posted here asking for contact info on Mike Graham, a former (and well-regarded) regular in this newsgroup. I'm posting to warn the cyber-frends of Mike NOT to give out any info...

Roper-Whitney # 68 Punch
Hi, I'm refurbishing an old Roper foot operated punch and have hit a roadblock. It's a model 68 (same as your model 58, but with a 24" throat). I need to remove the two gibbs that hold the ram against...

Fitting grinding wheels
Hi, I dont know if I'm in the right group for this - but here goes. I gave recently taken up the hobby of lapidary (gem cutting and polishing etc.). I purchased a grinder polisher and grinding wheels...

help..
I do not know how to stop this

Assorted Schauer Blythe jewellery enamel glass fusing 50 oz kit now only $39 great colors
please see: to clear this stuff, please make me an offer on bulk lots to: Lostwax AT Package consists of 50 ounces or 1.4 kilograms total each containing: 18 ounces / 510 grams fine powder, 12 ounces...

Ebay : metalworking book collection of 5 books

need information for running Minitech Compact 5
I got a Compact 5 from eBay converted by Minitech, including their control box. I've been using CNC Pro, but it keeps locking up (runs in pure DOS). Can anyone suggest a better program to use,...

magnetic contactor bad? Help!
Of course of all days, today my coolant pump goes out! Or maybe it is the magnetic contactor that is bad, how do you check them? How do I check the circuit breaker? The Bestact relay appears to be...
1
1