Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Crafts to make and sell
Make extra income at home. http://www.bigleagueplayersclub.com/3clicks/published/32527/78549/

RF45 or Chinese Knee Mill.
Hi, I am looking at adding a milling machine to my small home shop. I can either buy a RF45 (a real Taiwanese Rong Fu, not a clone) or for slightly more a Chinese Knee mill with coolant and power...
3
3

Hydraulic engine as pump
I'd like to use a hydraulic engine as a backup propulsion system on my boat. I need max 50kW at 200rpm. Does anybody know if I can use a hydraulic radial piston engine as a hydraulic pump while I am...

The Work Envelope Problem
In a weightless environment, a machine tool slide can be designed to move a distance equal to its own length, facilitating machine tool self-reproduction (MTSR). However, here on Earth, such an...
4
4

hardness of backhoe pins and bushings will grade 8 work
Have to replace a pin on my dozer. its 3/8 and a foot long. case wants 300.00 for it. Was thinking of replacing it with a grade 8 bolt. If I recall grade 8 bolt has a hardness of c35, and pin is c55...

FS - Notes of a Tour in America H. Hussey Vivian (1878)
Notes of a Tour in America From August 7th to November 17th H. Hussey Vivian, M.P., F.G.S. (1878) Additional information and photo(s) of the item are available on the auction page. Click this link to...

Proxxon tools forum
The Proxxon tools forum is up and running. The Files currently contain factory manuals with parts diagrams for the PD400 and PD230 lathes, the FF230/PF230 mill, and other tools. In the Photos file are...

New, lower prices!!! Machined TUFA silver and gold casting molds!
Please look at our revamped website at and at our new price schedule on Our TUFA carved 2 1/2 D casting molds are cheaper than ever when purchased in quantities of 2 or more! Thanks, Andrew Jonathan...

Design in Structural Steel (1960)
Design in Structural Steel (1960) John E Lothers Professor of Architectural Engineering College of Engineering Oklahoma State University Additional information and photo(s) of the item are available...

Introducing AAICA LLC
To all silversmiths and whitesmiths: I am proudly announcing the debut of my company, AAICA LLC! At the present time, AAICA's main product involves working with TUFA as casting aid for casting silver,...

newbie question
What are the differences between a rotary table, a dividing head, and a "super indexer"? Thanks! DGH
1
1

Proxxon
If you use their lathes, mills, or unique hand tools, there is now a Proxxon forum at Yahoo Groups.

Herbert Surface Grinder
Hi, Recently bought a small manually operated Herbert Surface Grinder, Herbert Machinery Ltd, Coventry, UK. Now I'm looking for a instruction & maintenance manual. Anyone? Regards, Dirk, Netherlands

Cast Metals Handbook - 1940 Edition - American Foundrymen's Association
Cast Metals Handbooks - 1940 Edition Published by the American Foundrymen's Association Additional information and photos of the item are available on the auction page. Click this link to bid on this...

gas welding regulator problem,..
Hello, I am doing some cutting with an older victor oxy/acetalene set up. This went as expected for a few days but I noticed a kind of chuffing or squeaking sound from the oxygen regulator this...