Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Diemaking and Die Design (1920) - Franklin D. Jones
Diemaking and Die Design (1920) A Treatise On The Design and Practical Application of Different Classes of Dies For Blanking, Bending, Forming, and Drawing Sheet Metal Parts, Including Modern...

Modern Toolmaking Methods (1920) - Franklin D. Jones
Hello, I thought this book might be of interest to the members of your group. ======================= Modern Toolmaking Methods (1920) A Treatise On Precision Dividing and Locating Methods, Lapping,...

new 4x5 Micro Lathe
If you're into Unimats and watchmaker lathes, a manufacturer of the popular 7x lathes has come out with a new machine called the C-O. It accepts many of the Unimat-3 accessories. Harbor Freight is...

UK versus US tool terminology
In the UK a spotface is used to level an uneven surface so that a bolthead or the like sits evenly on an uneven surface . most come with a central pilot . The pilot being the same diameter as the...
2
2

Can COPPER be tigged?
Hi, I'm starting a weathervane project that will be a gift for my Dad, and I'll need to join some thin (.040") sheet to a thicker edge (.062") along a lengthy curved seam. I've tig welded a lot of...
2
2

Box section welding...
Hi I'm a novice welder.... I would like to construct some box section constrcutions, similar to this anyone know where I can buy the box sections etc in the UK?? Are there any tips on how to do this??...
1
1

Rockwell Vert Mill Question
Hello: I have a Rockwell Vertical Mill, Model, a mid sized knee-type mill, circa 1963 or so. Sort of a baby J-head Bridgeport. It doesn't have a specific model number on any data plate or even in the...

looking for EDM sinker work
I have a sinker edm that is sitting idle if anyone has a use for my services.

What happened to rec.craft.metalworking
Is my computer playing tricks or the server is down. Could not get new posts since Sat 9 MG
2
2

melting gold
how much is dental gold worth. i was told that a local dentist is wanting to off load some old dental gold. how much is it worth?
1
1

Craft Show
On March 17th, 2007 the Texas Sugar Land Lions Club will present an indoor Arts & Craft show free to the public. We are accepting applications for this event from qualified crafters and media artists....

Anyone on here a metal spinner?
I've just started doing this, and could use a few pointers

What groups am I looking for if(see message)
Below is the post I made to yesterday before I found this group. My question still stands so I have attempted to cross post to both but since I have never cross posted before not sure if I did this...
2
2

which newsgroups are best for metall
Hi I have google some but I do not seem to come up with very many groups concerning metal working( i.e. casting, forges, mills, lathes etc). What groups should I be reading. I am trying to learn...
1
1

Bending a Long Radius in EMT Conduit?
I need to bend some 1" electrical thin wall conduit into a 6' (six feet) radius and a couple of 6" (six inch) radius bends to make some ribs to hold up a tarp on my trailer. You can see a drawing of...