Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Training/PRojects on SAS Programming, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology at Global Institute of Biotechnology
SAS FOR LIFE SCIENCES SAS (statistical analysis systems) is business intelligence software used for data analysis by more than 40,000 customers worldwide. SAS provides many solutions for life sciences...

Can a dc motor spin faster, or use fewer amps, if cooled ?
I notice electrical & electronic devices ( if hot ) all work better if cooled. Thanks for any advice.
19
19

About single phase alternator
What will happaned if we grounded one output wire of a single phase alternator? Can we get the previous 240 V ac ?
1
1

Open ground for a washing machine - quick fix ?
Hello ! I'm helping a friend who just moved in a new appartment. One of the things we made was to change all the old painted switches and outlets (and accompanying wallplates) by brand new ones. Using...
43
43

Job opening for Electrical design engineer San Jose, CA
Hi Please have a look at the job description below..we are looking at only GCH or US citizens for this requirement...send your resumes to Job Details: Job Title: Electrical design engineer Location:...

Auto Cad Wiring
I am interested in learning how to design electrical wiring for homes and commercial buildings in Auto Cad. What are the good books to study electrical wiring in homes, buildings etc. The construction...

Smart card and pic programming
Hi all, I'm planning to do some experimentation on pic programming and smart cards. This link refers to what product I'm talking about. am just looking for some tips, links to tutorials, suggestions,...
7
7

Hydro Energy for the Home
I didn't know about that; Cragside was the home of William Armstrong wasn't it?
4
4

Power Supply Question
We use a couple different 24VDC power supplies to drive testing instrumentation we manufacture. Recently we've been told that using a supply with "Automatic" voltage inputs (120V/230V) puts our...
9
9

Puzzled over florescent light behaviour
I've just installed 2 new tubes in my fish tank. They both light up beautifully for about 1 or 2 seconds (no flicker), then go out. Leaving them for about half a minute or so, I can turn them on again...

Where to find a dedicated timer?
Greetings, I am looking a timer where I set the length of time, then push a button and the electric flow for that amount of time and shuts off. I don't want timers that turn on at a set time and off...
22
22

Intermittant Power failures
Ive have had about 14 new PC's in the last 9 months. I would bring it home plug it in and very soon afterwards everything would be corrupted. I would keep getting a message from Internet Explorer...
12
12

California Code
Does anyone know what year California started requiring grounding of indoor electrical outlets? Thanks, Sue
2
2

Why do they hate the engineering mentality?
I was trained as an engineer, which I chose to pursue mostly because I recognized that I had a "can do" approach to problems. When other people said "can't be done" I was optimistic and said it could,...
14
14

Octagonal Junction Boxes
I know this is a thin slice, but I am doing a research project that involves octagonal electrical junction boxes. Does anyone know when these boxes were first used in America? According to a Wikipedia...
2
2