Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

basic 3-phase transformer question
If the secondary has a load on 2 phases but nothing on the third, Will one phase of the primary draw nothing? RE
3
3

Ampacity question/problem
I am trying to calculate the ampacity through a piece of .01"(. 254e-003m) metal. The metal is stainless steel 304, it has a resistivity of 7.2e-007 ohm-m, a length of .012m, and an area of ....
33
33

Inverting op-amp with too much gain ? More options
Trying to build a multi-stage 120kHz bandpass filter... decided to use multi-feedback topology... Seems that it amplifies the desired signal alright, but ends up full- swing output (after just one...
4
4

Some questions about strain gauges
I am trying to figure out a couple questions involving strain gauges. First of all, how is the gauge factor physically determined. Anyone know the process by which a company gets that. I am...
1
1

Thermostat for laser printer fuser temp?
Fuser quit working on my laser printer. Removed the fuser and found that the snap-action bimetallic thermostatic switch for the fuser heating element is open-circuit. I removed it from the fuser and...
41
41

Wire size vs. Breaker Size---Followup Question
This application is for a bedroom. I should also ask if I can use 15 AMP rated recepticles with 12 AWG cable on a 15 AMP arc-fault breaker.
22
22

Wire size vs. Breaker Size
Is there any problem with using 12 AWG with a 15AMP breaker? I know that a 15 AMP breaker is usually used with 14 AWG wire....But who uses that anymore? Most modern households are wired with 12 AWG...
6
6

i need to interview an engineer for a high school report
i need to interview someone ofr a report in school
2
2

[Newbie] International plug adaptors
We've recently come back to the UK from a trip to Switzerland. We took with us a couple of UK mains appliances with transformers in the plug (mobile phone chargers, that sort of thing), and found that...

Transformer questions
Greetings, In reading up on my old power systems material, I have some questions (since I no longer have the professor's brain to pick). For starters, let's say I have a transformer-based power...
6
6

Another dumb question for you guys
Group, I am reading up on batteries and vehicle power systems for an application I'm working on at work. I've learned that a standard 12V battery is considered "discharged" when its output voltage...
12
12

A very good website for VLSI chip designers
Hi Designers, The website dedicated for we(VLSI Chip designer's discussing about trade-off's /problems solutions/ FAQ's)... I found a very good website for VLSI Chip design, which has columns for all...

NEC Requirements for receptacle placement minimums from inside wall corner?
Hello all, I can't seem to find any information regarding placement minimums for receptacles relative to room corners. So my question is this: is there an NEC requirement regarding how close to a room...
1
1

light flickering
hi: Why does the glow in an electric tester flicker?
2
2

My *Soundcard* MIDI Synth Fantasy
Hi: Since Creative Music Synth is a device based significantly on electrical engineering, my topic is totally relevant to this NG. Creative Music Synth -- my favorite *soundcard*-based MIDI synth-- is...