Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Stupid qestion
In this room I have a socket on the wall marked "230 V AC", but there is nothing plugged in. If there is no load, then there is no current flow from the socket. If there can only be current flow into...
11
11

Ampere turn diagram
Hello Guys I've been looking at some old engineering documents that relate to the calculation of transformer reactance, it goes on to explain the use of ampere turn diagrams as an aid to reactance...
1
1

Voltage Inverter
I recently purchased a Polaris Ranger utility vehicle for use on my acreage. I would like to install a voltage inverter on it to convert 12VDC to 120 VAC. I want to be able to use power tools in...
4
4

ordinary coil teleports small objects from miles away. How to build a TELEPORTATION COIL
Pahana (in the East) would touch his head to the ground and he would instantly appear (in Arizona, Hopiland), the Hopi elders said. Best to use solid wire for reasons that some turns may want to...
5
5

Mechanical Drafting for Dummies?
Please forgive me if this post is off-topic. I've been retasked from tech writing for a special project, creating dimensional drawings for a metal fab shop. I have Corel Draw X3 and Corel Draw 9...
4
4

kWH and Units ? Query
I have obtained a device which reads Volts,Watts,Amps,and kWH which enables me to find out what a particular device uses in the way of electric power. My main use is in finding out how much my water...
5
5

Mains powered plug-in enclosure
Hello, I'm working on a mains powered design and am having difficulties finding a wall plugin 'shell' to use for my design. I would like to place a custom PCB inside the wall plugin (picture a cell...
7
7

Solar Power
What is the general thought of solor power panels in residential homes?

LCD Screen (laptop) Issue can anyone help please???
Hi Guys, After removing the cover to investage lines down my laptop lcd screen i have found some strips (thin plastic strips looking like FILM out of a camera) when i move my finger nail along one of...
1
1

change stereo head phones with 8 ohms to 300 ohms?
How do you wire stereo head phones with 8 Ohms impedance for use in a system that needs a head phones with 300 ohms impedance? So you do not burn out your head phones. I want to use a light weight...
4
4

Automotive trailer wiring question
My van, like many newer vehicles, don't like extra brake and turn signal lights for a trailer simply tapped into the existing wires. I had a special unit hooked up which made things work, but it burnt...
7
7

diversified demand chart
what is diversified demand chart ???
1
1

For Brit Readers : Do you get fed up when a grease monkey is called Engineer?
A Downing Street petition to try and make the word Engineer legally protected, like Architect or Solicitor. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Engineer-Status/
28
28

datacenter build out and sizing
I am not an electrician, but I would really like to get a good understanding of some stuff so I can better estimate the costs involved in building out a private datacenter. Here's what I know... I'll...
3
3

What are root causes for higher starting current in HT motor (500 kW, 3.3 kV)
I have replaced all stator coils of the 500 kW 3.3 kV motor. The winding phase resistances are exactely equal to the designed one, also the insulation is tested (HV Test & Tan Delta- Capacitance test)...
4
4