Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Exorbitant Costs to Upgrade Service?
My employer wants to upgrade the electrical service at one of his facilities, located immediately north of Toronto, from 1000 KVA to 3000 KVA. The new outdoor transformer cost of about $70,000 is to...
1
1

Ni Cad Battery (24 Volt Aircraft)
is it normal to have some venting of pottasium carbonate at the end of the charge cycle- or is this a sign of overservicing

network/computer switchable DC power
There are network switchable AC power strips available with HTTP and/or SNMP interfaces that can be used to control the power on and off. But what I am looking for is something that can do the same...
15
15

Analog out +/-10V, op-amp?
I have servo drives that take a +10V to -10V analog input. The +10V to -10V signal seems to be one of the standards for servo drives and I'm wondering if there are standard op-amp circuits to convert...

Oscilloscope needed for circuit to work
for some weird reason, my circuit works only when i attached the oscilloscope to the output. This is extremely weird. According to the people I have consulted, I needed to add a resistor and capacitor...
4
4

Power Station Grid Synchronization
Hi, I am trying to learn more about synchronizing a mini power station to a national grid network. Can someone recommend a good book that explains this. And what are the equipments used here and who...
41
41

Odd 7-segment display
Came across a 90's vintage IR controller for printing industry (drives Q-H lamps for drying ink in the paper path) that uses a single-digit 7-segment display that looks like a nixie tube (more like a...
31
31

Solution for electric range problem?
Someone posted this to another group. They are "programmable line voltage thermostats" which cycle on/off every 15 seconds...

Master Electrician Exam - Allentown Pa.
Any book suggestions? Other than the NEC. :p tom
3
3

Does USB "connector" = socket or plug or both?
Can you explain the what the term "connector" refers to? I would have *guessed* that "connector" refers to bothe the socket and the plug. But when I look at a chart of USB plug and socket dimensions...
5
5

Opportunities @ Rolta India Limited
Dear Friends, Rolta India Limited is a Mumbai Based, India's #1 CAD/CAM/GIS/PDS solution provider & amongst the Top GeoSpatial IT services vendors worldwide. It has Dominant Market Share in GIS, Plant...

Looking for Old Transformer Manual
Hi, We are doing some work on a commercial building that has a Gould 150 kva 3 phase transformer. I have been looking for a manual for said transformer but have run into some difficuties,the main one...
1
1

SHARING EXPERIENCES
Hello, How long did it take you to be considered successful in your profession or your hobbies? Your whole life? Did you ever think how many people may benefit from your experiences? Today, as a...
1
1

480V Generator
Hi, Where in the UK can I find a 480V single phase center tapped (240-0-240) 10-15 kva generator ? sQuick..
1
1

How stove controls work?
In a sort of indirect follow up to the crossposted article about electric stoves with constant temperature, I wonder if anyone has a good basic explanation of how the mechanical stove controls...
4
4