Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

"Variable heat" electric range available anywhere?
? "Peter A" ?????? ??? ?????? news: writes: The problem lies elsewhere.While on a gas range all (or almost all)of the fuel's energy is directly converted to heat, with electricity it has to pass...
5
5

Building Coaxial transmission line on PCB?
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:17:50 GMT, Fred Bloggs Gave us: Semi-rigid is the term, and if it is in coax, it doesn't need to be IN the PCB from point to point. I wish you guys would stop cross posting all...
3
3

208Y/120 to single phase 120
Howdy - We're in an industrial park where our space is supplied with 208Y/120 3phase power. My understanding is that any phase taken to the fourth wire neutral gives 120V. And any phase taken to any...
9
9

Advantages & Disadvantage of SCADA system?
Any body please tell me briefly what are the Advantages & Disadvantage of SCADA system? in practical world?. best regards, Rizwan
29
29

Cap markings unfamiliar
This is a small (8x3 mm) yellow axial "blob" w/hard (ceramic?) shiny exterior. Markings: FC4 9116 Presume the latter is date code. What is the value? A Google turned up nothing I could find that might...
8
8

Playing with electricity :)
In my 2nd childhood now. This here lec-ertricity is the greatest thing since sliced bread to jump-start my ailing 78-year old ticker. Have one foot in the grave and the other foot on a slippery banana...
22
22

Basic Op-Amp question
Assuming I have an 'ideal' op-amp. If I have an Rf and Rin with a voltage into the inverting input and the non-inverting is grounded: my basic formulas is (-Rf/Rin) * Vin What if I put a voltage...
2
2

Help with Magnetic triggers
I have been looking into the solid state triggers as I need to fabricate an ignition pickup for an electronic ignition system (triggered 4 times per revolution from cranking speed up to 6000rpm). As...

Industrial/electrical controls at auction...
Near new Triple Floatless Level Controller (120VAC & 240VAC) and timers (from seconds to weeks)... ?id=87770078?id=87770660 for specifications. :-) Peter Manufacturer of control equipment, factory...

Length of 250g of 37 SWG (40 AWG) wire?
What is the approximate length of 250g of 37 SWG (40 AWG or 0.17mm diameter) enamelled copper wire? Where can I see a chart showing this sort of info for other gauges of enamelled copper wire?
11
11

A good Smith Chart program
Does anyone have a good Smith Chart program? I saw a few Java based on the net and one I downloaded, however, there must better ones out there. Thanks
8
8

Can a home circuit breaker protect a 12V DC circuit?
I'm building a robot for the kids next door, the whole thing runs off a 12V Lead acid battery. I'm just about to put in the circuit protection, and I was wondering if a home circuit breakers would be...
7
7

Yelp!!! (Induction Generators...)
Hi! New to Usenet Groups so plz don't mind the inhibitions... the thing's this... I was trying to do some study in Induction Generators so I go to all these web pages, Wind Power... captive...
8
8

place to borrow a pentium 4?
Does anyone know / recommend a local computer store where I could borrow a Pentium 4? I got a Core 2 E4300, but my motherboard's bios needs to be flashed first. Thanks, Nicholas
1
1

multi colour laser line sensorics to control fast running industry fabrics
IPM - International Perforation Management high-tech engineering China-Germany-Thailand FAX : 0049 - (0) 1212-5-375-17-531 : Optical online OPSS-1 porosity, permeability scanning systems for...