Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rotary Transfomers
I am trying to find some vendors that are selling or customizing rotary transformers. I have searched Google extensively but most results are definitely not what I want. This transformer will function...
3
3

Core 2 duo pin mod
I am getting a Core 2 4300, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with pin modding, and has any suggestions. I would also like to know if I should be able to use aluminum foil or if I need...

fused isolator ?
Hi need some help, I have bought a welder unit which came with no plug, on reading the instructions it say = Connect mains lead from unit through a fused isolator switch, to a 230volt electrical...
12
12

Whatever happened to "Closed loop power distribution" ?
While paging through the Canadian electrical code, I found a section on something called "closed loop power distribution " - and it's in the US NEC, too (article 780). What was this all about? What...
4
4

high-power CO2 laser beam multiplexer for industry, military and industry applications
IPM - International Perforation Management fax : 0049 - (0) 1212-5-375-17-531 : - High-power laser multiplexer for many industry applications as well for wide web micro perforation machines LPM-1 with...

Image Processing
Hello I am working on a project with a CMU camera, I am supposed to perform object detection(shape), camera has built in logic for color detection and frame differencing. But in order to get few...

Why do some USB leads have a "blob" on them?
Why do some of my USB leads (for example those which came with my dictation machine) have a largish cylindrical plastic "blob" on them? The blob is about an inch long and half an inch is diameter.
47
47

Video display replacment?
I have a CNC lathe eBay special that I'm trying to get running. It has a 9" green screen monitor that is giving me a vertical bar approximately 3/4" wide from the top to the bottom of the screen....
1
1

Question about digital audio
I've wondered about this question: If I copy a CD/DVD on my PC, does it burn digital to digital, or does the reader convert it to analog, then the writer converts it to digital? If that's the case,...
5
5

Need a drill to stop if it hits conduit and/or something to detect conduit in the walls.
We have a hilti drill that has the ability to stop if it hits conduit, but it's huge. Does anybody know of any smaller drills that have the ability to stop if it hits conduit or any other metal. Also,...
7
7

DC motor / german-english translation
Hello, I have a construction with two electromagnetic fields. The first/outside-field accelerate permanently the second/inside-field, to speed of the inside field rise... until it destroys itself, the...
1
1

Help needed in using batteries with a portable computer.
Ok, I need to use four lithium-ion polymer battery cells to power a 5vdc load. I have access to the smbus interface (for battery charge % and auto-shutdown) and roughly 2*10 cm worth of board space. I...

Opto electronics and laser tech controls permeability at substrates
IPM - International Perforation Management FAX : 0049 - (0) 1212-5-375-17-531 : Optical online OPSS-1 porosity, permeability scanning systems for substrates Patent pending DE 102.51.610.3 - China as...

Could anyone help me understand what is undamped in the RLC, in electrical circuit analysis??
Could anyone help me understand what is undamped in RLC, in electrical circuit analysis?? what is that?? can you pls describe, or give me some example regarding on that??? pls.......help me..
4
4

Does anyone know of the book "Digital Timing Measurements"?
The full title is Digital Timing Measurements: From Scopes and Probes to Timing and Jitter. I can't find a review of it anywhere and it's a little pricey. I was hoping maybe someone out there knows if...