Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Domestic/Small Industrial, Distribution Transformer Connections
As I understand it, the supplies to domestic dwellings in USA, are derived from transformer secondary windings for the 220V, and with the centre grounded, for the 110V supply to lower power devices,...
2
2

2transformers in parallel with different kvA rating
Hi guys, Just wanna know, is it possible to run 2transformers with different kvA rating in parallel if yes how? We had two transformers each 5MVA running in parallel, since our customer's demand...
4
4

50 KVss - IGBT dual high power, high frequency, high voltage switching units
IPM - International Perforation Management fax : 0049 - (0) 1212-5-375-17-531 : - IGBT dual high power, high frequency, high voltage switching units Patent DE 103.28.937.2 Introduction On a high level...

Noise Reduction using Inductor with PWM
Hello, Im using Pulse Width Modulation on a 12volt resistive load(light bulb) using a Mosfet(and mosfet driver). Id like to reduce the amount of Noise it produces, as it interferes with other devices...
1
1

transformer and main supply.
what is the different between a power source 230Vac L & N and a transfromer output source 230Vac L1 & L2?
8
8

Transformer
480 (delta) -to- 208 (wye) transformer being used for step-up purpose (rather than step-down). Is it mandatory to use neutral in the wye hook-up? Grounding is provided by same-size conductors as the...
9
9

A reference to Mechanical calculations of Distribution power networks.
hi all, I am looking for a reference to mechanical calculations of distribution power networks.I mean low-voltage i.g. 20K or there any IEC or IEEE standard? can anybody help me? Thanks in advance....
4
4

Is there an organization or "society" that collects older electrical engineering lit & specs?
Tech data. Technical papers. Mostly Power and Controls (otherwise not electronic). Mostly 40's thru 70's (maybe) I also can dig out boxes of 80's and 90's IEEE serial publications. Any use to...
3
3

changing 3000 rpm to 800 rpm
I have a 5 hp briggs and straton gas engine. The dealer said it turns 3000 rpm , at full throtle. I can't find it on engine but I assume he is correct. I have a 3 inch pulley on a cintrifical clutch...
4
4

Can someone help me with this 3 phase WYE calculation? - voltage divider.pdf (0/1)
Anyone want to take a stab at this one? This is basically a voltage divide array of identical 2% tolerance resistors that are arranged in a WYE configuration with 4 series conected 300Kohm resistors...
6
6

electrician and NEC Calculators
24 free online JavaScript Calculators.
3
3

Rise Time
I keep reading in signal integrity books that it's not the frequency that causes problems, it's more the rise time. I know the definition of rise time, but I don't know how to get it. Does it have to...
2
2

iec standard
i need iec standar for voltage permission on low-voltage installations and devices... touch voltage thx

Invitation to attend the 4th International Conference (SETIT 2007)
Invitation to attend the 4th International Conference (SETIT 2007): On behalf of SETIT 2007, The Sciences of Electronics, Technologies of Information and Telecommunications unit, we would like to...

Generator DC DC converter board questions...
Hi, I am trying to test a generator that has a boost feature that uses a 12V battery to provide an extra 500 watts of power when needed for 10 seconds maximum. This is a Yamaha EF3000ISEB. I question...
1
1