Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Generator DC DC converter board questions...
Hi, I am trying to test a generator that has a boost feature that uses a 12V battery to provide an extra 500 watts of power when needed for 10 seconds maximum. This is a Yamaha EF3000ISEB. I question...
1
1

Retarding Torque on a motor is what?
I work in a welding shop and do occasional maintenance. We have a large (Bertsche 10foot) shear. The motor that moves the back guage has on the info plate that there is I think 6 lbs of retrading...
3
3

110 volt vs. 220 Volt
I know nothing about electricity and I need to buy a new ventless stackable Washer/Dryer. I was told that I have 110 volt outlet that would need to be upgraded to 220 volt install a new W/D. While...
13
13

Electrical pictures
Hi all , I am starting now a project and I need Ur help I will collect all electrical pictures and upload them to the Internet and gather them in groups like this : u have any pics(any even funny...
1
1

Connect Earth to Neutral in appliance?
Hi all, I have just seen a 6KW 230V appliance that advocates what I believe to be a dangerous practice: Internally: 1 - bonding together the three phase conductors to one LIVE 2 - bonding together the...
14
14

The Human Skin as "An Engine"
The Human Skin as "An Engine" [ Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Machine Science / Computer Science / Neuroscience / Computer Systems Engineering ] ----------------------------- Definitions What is an...
1
1

Bolted Fault Calculation
No connection will compensate for the difference. Voltage imbalance (voltage at each phase divided by the average) will be minimal under normal balanced load, but as was pointed out it could be worse...
7
7

Inductive Heating
Hello, I need some help in a patent issue. I'm in search of information about inductive heating of a tool holder. For detailed information : There is a big reward! Best regards Stefan

Hot water heater on 208 vac?
I've got a 240 v. electric water heater and a need for a 208 v (single-phase) one. What's the down-side of using this heater on 208 vac? Is lower temperature all I have to be concerned about? FBt
22
22

How can I build a 2:1 3 phase voltage attenuator from resistors
My datalogger is for 600VAC maximum, but sometimes my source is higher like 630V or so or maybe higher on malfunction or other problems. I would like to build a resistive divider to reduce the input...
2
2

current limiter / voltage regulator question
Hello I need to deliver a variable current between 0-2 Amps to a small load (15 Ohms).... At first I was thinking about building a current amplifier..... but after investigating that route again, i...
6
6

Question
I'm working on understanding an example problem in order to do a homework problem, but it does not explain things well. It asks to sketch the voltage as a funtion of time at x = 100 meters V(x,t) =...
2
2

AC motor wiring
I've a fan/motor from a residential air handler, the wires have been cut there are four of them - can some tell me how it should be wired. Here's what I know... Manu - Westinghouse Type - FLL Volts -...
1
1

Electrical Videos
Hi all , This is a very great videos form hope u like it electricalvideos
13
13

Robin 4102 Earth tester
Hi I have a Robin 4102 Earth Tester which tests the impedance of a ground earth connection, it comes with two earth spikes which are connected at 5 and 10 metres plus the earth rod under test, the...