Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to test a single phase ac motor??
Could someone please tell me how i go about testing a single phase ac motor with external capacitors by using a mega or a multi meter. The motor is being used for a swimming pool pump and i want to...
1
1

Eurotherm 2132
Hi anyone familiar with the EUROTHERM temperature controller, i have one that does not want to output. Maybe bad configuration. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Filter Question! How to get rid of SPIKES!
Hello, I have a 60Hz AC voltage comming from a transformer 120/220V that=20 powers some cooling fans, but it's got some spikes at the output, and=20 Im having problems with that. The spikes are...
5
5

Help sizing buck/boost transformer?
Load is 130A FLA at 220V = 28.6KVA. Supply is 3-phase, "Y", 208V. Using a 120-240/12-24 buck-boost transformer, what KVA should I look for? One source says that this transformer increases voltage by...
3
3

simple fixed-frequency AC motor speed reduction?
Hi- I'm an electronics novice trying to figure out a way to reduce the speed on my home drill press for cheap. I'd appreciate any advice or hints on approaches. It has an AC motor, labeled as 110V...
12
12

Transformer Impedance Question
We have a situation where a customer needs to put three single-phase, 50 KVA pole mounted transformers into a three-phase bank. The voltage of each transformer is 13800-277/480Y. Two of the units have...
6
6

need a final year b.tech project
i m in my final year b.tech now. wanted to do sumtin which is really great for my project. sumtin to do with microprocessors...anything kool
2
2

ferrite cores
i need to repair the ferrite cores in a H F transformer in a welding inverter, the cores are busted into peices, it has two oval coils of thick copper side by side, with four u shaped ferrites bolted...
5
5

Best BEGINNER textbook (Electronics class, on transistors)
I am a senior in Electrical Engineering right now. Currently I am using Sedra and Smith's Microelectronics book. However...it is too dry and too detailed. I can't read through it as hard as I try....
4
4

line reactor for harmonic filter
Dear all, I have the problem to design a line reactor for incoming supply 415V. The reactor is series with capacitor bank (100KVAR). We have 12 steps of capacitor bank and reactor. Is it imprtant to...

current amplifier question (with a little LabVIEW)
Hello, I need to design a current amplifier. I'm trying to design a virtual instrument in LabVIEW to which I can type in a current (for example 1.5 Amps) and then have that current realized at the...
9
9

208 to 240
Anyone ever swapped a 208 main for a 240 going to a residence. There is a manhole cover one house down with both mains running alongside. It's doable, but was wondering about cost, (especially from...
2
2

3phase genset hookup for backup of 240v single phase service
you might get better qualified responses in the electrical engineering group (seeing as most guys there are power engineers anyway)..
4
4

Those darn fuses
My bother-in-law called and said his furnace was off again after he was billed $240 by the local repair shop. I called the repair shop but they wouldn't come again until the bill was paid. I said that...
3
3

Efficient Engines - [ Engineering ]
Efficient Engines - [ Engineering ] ------------------------------------------------------ Engines as conduits of Energy "The Mindset of An Engineer" 1. A properly designed engine is not to use...