Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unidirectional Signal Spikes?
I am dealing with some sinusoid outputs from devices on an oscilloscope, I am curious as to any ideas people can give me as to why this is happening. What could cause unidirectional signal spikes at...
1
1

I am searching about " XLPE cable transformer coil ", anyone can help me ?
I am searching about " XLPE cable transformer coil ", anyone can help me ? ABB corporation invented a new dry type transformer in recent yaers, in which transformer coil is made of XLPE power cable. I...
1
1

Power transmission losses
Hi all, Can anyone tell me what proportion of Electricity generated at power stations is actually delivered to the consumer? I heard on the radio that 80% of electricity generated is lost in...
7
7

Converting From mV/m To Decayed mW (ERP)
I've seen the different conversions for mW, mV, mV/m, dBm, mostly based on 50 ohms. What I'm interested in is converting a given field strength mV/m, at a given distance for a particular frequency, to...
1
1

Who buys ideas?
I have an idea for an electrical device. It would have to be able to fit into a standard single gang outlet to be practical. This would allow it to replace the current device. I don't know if this...
3
3

Electrician in Los Angeles to power condition residence
I'm now living in an old house (circa 1938) which seems to be getting hit with electromagnetic/RF interference from the neighborhood, possibly through the power grid. I'm seeking an experienced...
13
13

-48 volt DC Question
I know that most telco switch rooms run their equipment from a common DC supply (at least in the US). I understand the advantages of a common supply. But what is the advantage of using a negative...
4
4

BLDC Vs PMSM
Hi, Can anybody explain me the difference in working between a brushless DC motor and Permanent Magnet Synchronous motor? Thanks.
1
1

C cross complier for PIC
Hey folks! I am looking for a C cross compiler to target PIC16f877A. I searched for the Keil comiler for pic but it seems they dont make one. I would be grateful for some suggestions on this. Also,the...
1
1

GFCI use
Conditions: A 3 wire run from a breaker box, with alternate phases used to feed two circuits. So, - two 20A circuits run on a 3 wire #12 cable. Question: Can a GFCI breaker be used effectively? The...
6
6

Neutral
Hi frnds, m much confused in fundamentals of neutral. I want help of u ppl regarding that. My que is when neutral gets open in distribution network i.e aftr xmer secondary at far end or last leg of...
5
5

Wifi device connected to landline
I don't have an electrical engineering background. I wanted to know if it's possible to make a device, that is wifi capable, and connects to your landline. It should be able to capture the phone...
1
1

Does an automatic shutoff energy saver light switch exist?
Does an automatic shutoff energy saver light switch exist? My parents always yelled at us to shut off our lights constantly and now I find myself constantly yelling at the kids to shut the lights off....
32
32

PWM Voltage calculation
Is there a direct formula for calculating the voltage from a PWM circuit? say I had a PWM chip controlling a FET with X volts feeding the FET, is there a direct calculation? I work better with real...
7
7

The Art of Counting TIME
The Art of Counting TIME [ Mathematics / Physics / Engineering ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As the research done on the paper titled: "The Number...