Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

5 new excellent brushless motor building articles
Goedendag ;-) Five excellent new motor building articles by Brian Mulder, a must read, will prevent you from asking a lot of questions: -> Articles by SouthEasterners. -> Electric Motors - part 1-5...

Parks Transformation
Hi I am working on vector torque control of BLDC motor. I am trying to understand Park's and Clarke Transformation. I am looking for some links explaining the same. Help appreciated. Thanks.
2
2

Calculating light bulb resistance
Is there an equation to calculate the resistance of a light bulb as it heats up over time? I'd assume this is an intergral formula and is not linear. Thanks
5
5

Bright LED availability?
Where can I obtain efficient LEDs, red, yellow, or orange, that can handle at least 100mA? A directional output lens sould also be nice. Bill -- Fermez le Bush
1
1

Cell phone experts any one ?
Hello people, My CDMA phone went "missing" and was "found" after a couple of days. Ever since this guy in whose presence the phone went missing has known about all my conversations. My guess is : 1....
6
6

led belt buckle hack
Bought one of those LED belt buckles...not to wear! I want to hook it up to a serial line and control it from a pc. My hope was that there were some dev points on the board that I could tap into....
8
8

Very fine (hideable) microphone wire
I am in the UK. I have an electret mic capsule and want to connect it to my MP3 voice recorder with a few feet of very thin mic cable of something like 1.5 to 2mm diameter. The mic capsule is from...
11
11

earthing
i am a student of electrical engineering. i am very confused about 'earthing' and i seek ur help and support to make my understanding about this topic reply some of my simple questions which r complex...
4
4

oatleyelectronics
Where has it gone

basic question about HID lamps and power issues
xpost to a.e.e Where are you? What type of meter (electro mechanical spinnig disk? electronic?) In what way do you think the meter is getting screwed up and why do you think this? What is the problem?...
2
2

S.B.M.L.
Self-Ballasted Mercury Lamp Why the need for ballasts, then? RE
2
2

FA: Brand New Omron 1.5Kw - 3 phase inverter

Connection of 200kva powerware UPS to a 200kva volvo standby diesel generator
Hi guys, how do you go about connecting Eaton 9390 Powerware 100kva * 2 UPS with hot sync feature to a 200kva Volvo Perkins standby diesel generator. This generator has a load of 72%. There is another...
1
1

Built-in Halogen High-voltage spotlights.
Hi, Just wondering, what the benefits/downfalls of the high voltage oppose to low voltage spotlights. (apart from the obvious voltage). Regards
3
3

I am testing
I am checking to see if my news reader is working because ther have been no unread messages for a while. -- Fermez le Bush
3
3