Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA: BNIB - Omron 1.5Kw - 3 phase inverter

Looking for a UK web site
Following a HD failure, I lost all my bookmarks to web sites. I am looking for a UK web site (possibly a university web site) that had lots of electrical, mechanical & instrumentation notes and data....
3
3

CAE or Nortel ?
Fresh out of engineering school at Waterloo with above-average grades. Now, I have 2 employment opportunities: one at CAE (aerospace, flight simulators) and one at Nortel (telecommunications). I...

Voltage on Cable Line
To All: I just moved in to a townhouse - built in 1985. I've been having cable modem problems since it was installed a few weeks ago - intermittent connection problems and speed issues. After the...
34
34

Purchase of ex standby generator
I am building a home metal fabrication workshop. Have been doing this for a few years and intend to go full time in a year or two. The new workshop is a good distance for any 3 phase lines and I'm...
5
5

Reversing cap motor with 3 leads
I have recently seen a 2-capacitor single phase motor with a forward / reverse cam switch that has only three wires to the motor. That doesn't compute with my knowledge of drum and cam switch control...
3
3

Stud detector.
Want to buy a quality stud detector with voltage detection. Any recommendations?
6
6

trouble with logic counters
Hello, I'm trying to hook up a 74HCT163 to count from 0 to 7 then loop and keep doing it. I'm having a lot of trouble making sense of the data sheet on how to connect this thing. I have a 555 chip...

"Energy Saving Box" on eBay actually work? How?
Do these devices actually save money? How much would I save? Item number: 320066192175 Seller: happyyaya828 Feedback: 100% Positive Power Save Device(15000watts)-- Save Energy/Electricity Power Save...
13
13

low voltage detector using ADC and on/off mosfet?
Hi, I'm hoping someone can point out problems with my thinking here: I'm working on a microcontroller project (5v PIC), and I'm going to add a low-voltage detector using the built in ADC. What I want...

English: power plant terminology
Hello to all, first of all, I wish you a Happy New Year. I have questions about English terminology used when is talked about power plants. Often I read "Combustion plants". In wikipedia I found that...
5
5

Thermostat Questions
Hello: Have just started looking for a new heating thermostat for my gas, forced hot water system. Probably a Honeywell. Been many and many a year since I've looked at these. Have no schematics avail....
5
5

Job in Great Place to get away
Unalaska is way out there in the Aleution Islands in Alaska. There are no natural trees and lots of crab and salmon. Department of Public Utilities is accepting applications for the position of...
2
2

Big 'lytics in small quantities?
Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals. Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals). (OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps). Mouser, DigiKey,...
12
12

AMP Crimp tools for sale on Ebay
AMP 90067-4 90088 Type F for insulated terminals http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=