Best Rated threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Amtech office - pro design single cable - pda software
Hi Does anyone have any amtech software any version i have a 1998 version of prodesign & single cable but i am looking for an updated version. Esp single cable mobile. Can anyone help Cheers Martyn
2
2

question about running electronics off of a portable generator
I'm thinking about getting a portable generator and have a couple of questions. First off here are the specs that I have on the generator: 5.5 HP * 3.2 gallons fuel tank * 2200 watt rated output *...
8
8

origin of voltages (why 120, 240, 440, 6900, 24900 Values)
Some of history, Do somebody knows about the origin of the voltages values used in electricity, why 120 V an not for example 50V or 350 V.
11
11

277-480 3 Phase Generator to single phase
Help please we are being given a a 50kW generator that puts out 3 phase 277-480 volt 3 phase, just have to pick it up. How do we use this with our sinle phase building? This is a serious question, if...
8
8

Wiring a contactor for Push Buttons.
I have a GE Contactor CR306Y1 with heaters that I am trying to wire for my motor starter. I understand how to energize the coil but can not find the other tap so I can integrate a start AND stop push...
1
1

Dumping 1.5 Amps to ground
I put a clamp on meter on the main cable from the meter into the panel and noticed an imbalance (should read 0). Next, I checked the ground cable going to a water pipe and found the same current...
11
11

Window AC unit questions Fridgidaire FAA087P7A
We just got a Fridgidaire FAA087P7A3 8000 BTU window unit to cool a garage area. It is equipped with a "dongle" type power cord which includes some sort of arc fault detector in the event the power...
5
5

Voltage Between White Neutral And Gnd Wire Question In House Wiring ?
Hello: Have been trying to get some smoke detectors interconnected, and during the trouble shooting of the problem, I measured (with an analog voltmeter) the voltage between the white neutral, and the...
4
4

Need Information for a Science Experiment
I want to build an electro-magnet for a HS physics class. I'm using a 6v dry cell battery for the power. I want to include a pot in my circuit to control the amount of power going to my magnet which...
19
19

Linear current booster
Wondering where I might find a schematic for a home brew linear current booster to control PV module power to a very small 12V 2.5A bilge pump? My googling didn't turn up anything. Chuck
7
7

Man says live wire in bath was to save marriage
Thursday, October 28, 2004 Posted: 7:53 AM EDT (1153 GMT) Shocking.... LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (AP) -- A man who said he threw a live electrical wire into his wife's bath hoping a near-death experience...

Spectrum Controls SOI 200 User Manual
Hi All! Have a spectrum control SOI 200 here in a water treatment facility. They've lost the user manual for it, it's hooked up to a SLC 5/02. Anyone in the group know where I could obtain a user...
2
2

12470 to 208 transformer
I can't seem to find a transformer for 12470 pri to 208 sec. Any suggestions? Vendors? I've heard people talk about parallel transformers. If the turn ratios are the same and impedances are the same...
9
9

hole fill - romex runs
I'm pulling 14-2, 14-3, and 12-2 perpendicular to I-joists. Cannot see any guidelines or NEC rules governing the number of cables that can be run through a typical 1" or 1.5" hole through the web. How...
9
9

Centre tapped transformer
Could someone point me in the direction of information regarding centre tapped transformers. I need more details to try and understand why they are used in the uk on mains voltage for controlling...
17
17

Century Plasma cutter.. what size fuse?
Hey guys, I just picked up a used Century 20/40A plasma cutter. it's 208/230V. I can't find any specs on this thing anywhere.. I hvae the wiring diagrams. but it doesn't say what size fuse/breaker to...
2
2

Electrical Panel Schedule software
I have recently revised and updated my panel schedule software and website. Thanks to those here who helped me test and refine the program. AutoPanelboard is software that works in AutoCAD to automate...

Another hot tub wiring question (long) - best 3-phase service?
This rather long question is directed to electricians and engineers who are familiar with wiring and service installation requirements for a commercial hot tub business. The question is what is the...
34
34

How do I connect PTs and CTs for 400A 3ph service
Usually the utility does this but this time it is for information metering an we will do it. It will be a type A 2 1/2 element meter with CTs and PTs. Seems to me I remember that the "dot" on the CT...
65
65

center load voltage drop calculation
Hello everybody, I recently took a mater electrician test prep. class where the instructor introduced imtroduced us to center load voltage drop calculatins. Upon reviewing my (sketchy) notes, I can't...
2
2