How to Measure a 0.001 Ohm Current Shunt Using an HP/Agilent 3457A Part 2

Dear Forum members:

I have released Part two of how to measure a 0.001 Ohm Shunt using an HP/Agilent 3457A and some external equipment.

I am essensially implementing a four wire ohmmenter with offset compensation using some bench

equipment.

Implementation details:

  1. External current source is used to replaced the current source inside an ohmmeter.

  1. Both the front and rear panel terminals of the 3457A are used to measure the voltage

drop across two shunts: The shunt under test, and another shunt that we know it's resistance

value precisely. The precisely known resistance is used to compute the current.

  1. A GPIB controlled swith is used to turn off the current and obtained a residual reading, this will be

known as the "thermal voltage" which we will later subtract.

If you like the video, please give me a thumbs up. Please send your comments to:

snipped-for-privacy@hushmail.com

Reply to
Robert Wolf