OT Fahrenheit

Actually we had lots of big iron at the Retro Computing Society of Rhode Island. The KL10 was a big beast. Interestingly the collection seriously lacked IBM big iron.

We stipulated a raised floor because we could. And it has come in handy, from snaking a power whip over to the telephone switch (An Avaya Prologix) or running network cabling to server racks, etc.

Back in 1993 I was responsible for managing a Data General MV9600U running AOS/VS II. Loved that machine, and still remember alot about it.

In any case, these were machines that could take abuse. We knew of one located in a non-ventilated closet that just continued to run until decommissioning day.

You can recomend anything you like but the salesman is not going to leave the money on the table if the customer says no, particularly when it says it is not required in the sales manual.

Reply to
gfretwell