[OT] : IEEE articles

Hi,

I'm an student and need three or four articles from IEEE Xplore regarding load flow which i can't find in the web. Would someone be so king to send me his password?, i promise to only print those few documents and erase it afterwards.

Best regards. David.

Reply to
rondel_123

What you are suggesting is illegal, not to mention unethical.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Charles Perry ha escrito:

You're not entitled to assess wheter it might be legal or not, to do so you've to provide both a complete set of laws and a judge, then you can sue me and finally make that assessment. However there's an easiest alternative, shut up your mouth.

You're also not entitled to assess wheter it might be ethical or not, to do so you've to provide both a complete set of experiences and an human beging, then you can make that assessment. However there's an easiest alternative, consider ethic as fuzzy facts and only trigger your mouth in a threshold based upon some knowledge about the person you're talking about.

Best regards. David.

Reply to
rondel_123

Well, you sound like just the sort of chap people will be falling over themselves to help out...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

rather cheeky for a fellow without an IEEE Explore password!

Reply to
no_one

no_one ha escrito:

Damn, rather stupid for someone top-posting that has no clue wheter finally i got the articles i sought.

Get a life.

Reply to
rondel_123

Actually, copywrite law is pretty clear in this case. I suggest you consider a course in intellectual property rights. When (probably closer to "if") you graduate, you will not like it when someone steals your work.

Actually I do not need to know anything about someone when determining if stealing is ethical or not. It is a shame that an engineering ethics course was not part of your formal education.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Neither was English.

Bill

Reply to
<salmonegg

Charles Perry ha escrito:

The problem lays on the assumptions you've made, yes, that is what engineering is about, but you've made quite a few. You seem not to understand you're not the one to say if it's illegal or not, furthermore, those issues always concerns some particular country/state.

The term 'stealing' seems vague to me at best, i for one don't give a damn for what you think it's ethical or not. Rather i should bother about what the authors of those papers think, do we ask them?. Some proponents simply dislike the idea of paying for standards and technical papers, and would be reluctant to consider it 'stealing', for example, some few people that contributed to the large iso/iec 14882 standard consider that it should be for free, some friends of mine that contributed to the IEEE with their final project, some others have died, etc. For the records, had i the money i'd get the membership, since i don't i act as think i should when it comes to software, books or papers, i get what i need and when it's feasible, i refund the money. I understand you find it unethical but you don't understand some don't share your opinion.

Best regards. David.

Reply to
rondel_123

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net ha escrito:

=A1Pues que te den por el culo!, =BFqu=E9 pasa, que hay que escribir en perfecto ingl=E9s para que se entienda o qu=E9?

Que te folle un pez...

Reply to
rondel_123

Usually, I put in my fish at the other end. From your experience, what species of fish would you recommend? How do you prepare it? How do you handle the bones?

Bill

Reply to
<salmonegg

You seem not to understand that IEEE documents are protected by international copywrite law. I don't have to decide if it is illegal, it is clearly stated in the copywrite and license agreements for IEEE documents.

You admitted you steal software, and think it is ok. That is rather sad coming from someone who will make their living from intellectual property. When you work on an IEEE standard, or submit a paper, you agree to their terms (same with IEC). If you don't like the terms, you shouldn't participate.

BTW, I work on IEEE standards and present papers at IEEE conferences and I do not think they should be free. It takes money to support standards development.

Charles Perry P.E. IEEE Senior Member

Reply to
Charles Perry

Charles Perry ha escrito:

You work on IEEE standards, I knew it all along. If there's something i can't stand are double standars, so i searched in google messages concerning you and the keyword 'mp3' and this is what i found:

-- quoted -- ().

An interesting commentary about someone grabbing a beer with Tolkien. It IS on topic since pipes are mentioned ;-)

I sure wish I knew how to save the streaming audio.

-- end of quote--

Now quoted from npr.org:

I carefully read what it's stated and i didn't see you had rights to save the streaming audio. Besides you seem to be into audiobooks and tons of mp3, so be careful not to steal anything.

Best regards. David.

Reply to
rondel_123

Charles Perry ha escrito:

No, it's not. I've yet to see some standard or book with the words 'legal' or 'illegal'. In my opinion is the judge who has to decide if the copy was legal or not based on the copyright.

Best regards. David.

Reply to
rondel_123

I didn't save it. I contacted NPR and received a copy from them.

I actually buy my audio books and music. It is an interesting concept: paying for what you use. Perhaps you should study it sometime.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry