Paging Don K.

In the loudspeaker power discussion a few weeks ago you stated:

The 8 ohms is a ficticious value based on V/I (rms) at some >frequency, including the effects of the back emf and the >acoustical load at that frequency.

Not true with engineers I have known. Impedance is based on an average of *all* frequencies from 20 through 20,000 Hz.

an amplifier as a source behind impedance (along with >feedback loops etc) doesn't obey Ohm's Law.

Ohms law may be applied nevertheless in simply form as: P = I^2 Ret where P = power dissipated into the load connected to the amplifier Ret = total resistance of the load, i.e. coil, core, and air load resistance.

ns

Reply to
northstar