Re: motor speed

Additional information to clarify my request.

> The hard drive(s) in question are failed. > I know what speed they should rotate at - the ? is the cause of failure an > incorrect rotation speed? > Other failure causes have been ruled out - the most likely cause now is an > incorrect rotation speed. > > If, the hdd(s) are not operating at the correct speed - question #2 - > platter motor replacement??? > Does anyone have a procedure to replace the hdd platter motor for data > retrieval? > > > > > What device is used to determine motor speed? > > I need a device to determine the rotational speed of the platters of a > hard > > disk drive. > > The device must work independent of the computer/hard drive in question. > > Range of operation would be 5000 RPM - 12000 RPM preferably to accomodate > > for new technology. > > Small size would be a requirement. > > URL's of suppliers would be appreciated. > > > > Dave > > recyclecomputer@@@@hotmail.com > > > > please remove the spam block to reply direct > >

Ooo, I don't reccomend trying to replace the motor on a hard disk. If the data is absolutely life and death, you should go with a professional data recovery service, they have like clean rooms and stuff. A good one is

'm not affiliated with them, I just know they're quality.

Reply to
DukeOfURL