Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Artificial lightning needed
Unusual request - hope you can help. There is a TV program being made on the subject of lightning, and the producers want to know urgently if there is a lab in the UK which can generate impressive...
11
11

Compact fluorescent lamps
Can anybody direct me where I can find a typical circuit for a compact fluorescent lamp (120V)? I know the operation principle but I would like to save the time to reverse engineer the circuit....
2
2

Re: What is the best area to specialize in?
in article Harry Conover at wrote on 8/1/03 2:56 PM: Do not underestimate the amount of skill and innovation required in power or motor engineering. Just consider the engineering that went into make...
1
1

Re: Clamp meter VAC/DC
Have Amec a web site for details of their products? Does anyone know of a manufactured converter that would sample at 230-40 volts ac and output say 1 mill V per V? If you don't know if a clamp on...
5
5

Minimum impedance for o-scope auto use?
My Bentley service manual cautions to use a meter (seems to be inferring DMM) of at least 10 megaohms input impedance to prevent excessive current draw that possibly might damage "sensitive electronic...
2
2

Re: DC over voltage protection
Can I buy something like this already set up? If your radio's output power is between 10 to 50 watts, you might be better off with a true DC to DC converter. Astrodyne's model SVB12SC12 can use 9.2 to...
2
2

4 - 20 mA transducer question
I am trying to use a two wire 4 - 20 mA pressure transducer to a PLC analog input, but the PLC is a voltage input. Suggestions? Thanks in advance. I do agree with this answer but I would try to find a...
18
18

Anyone here know the insides of a Clifford car alarm?
Clifford IntelliGuard 400 lost its intelligence. A guy I met says that punks are taking those personal-protection "zappers" and putting them to cars' bumpers and zapping the alarm systems. Hmmm... One...
1
1

Quick determination of RF output? (car remote)
I've heard of a quick way to check IR remotes: put an phototrans. in an oscilloscope input and use it to check for IR transmisison. Any suggestions of a similar quick determination of RF output from a...
4
4

Installing Ceiling Fan with Red wire on electrical box.
PS: i post this today but don't know where did it go. please bear with me if i posted it twice to one of the groups. josh green ********* greetings. i know this might be so simple to you but for me,...
8
8

Scoping piezo-crystal knock sensor
Is a DSO required to test a piezo-crystal KS or will an analog o-scope do the job (something like a Tek 465)? I'd like to see both peak and avg VAC output at various engine RPMs Thank you You can use...
9
9

WTB 4Quadrant DC power supply for Dc motor 440 Volts 250Kw 610Amps
Hy Group I Am searching for a second-hand Thyristor 4Quadrant DC power supply for Dc motor 440 Volts 250Kw 610Amps Primairy power is 400 Volts three phase 50Hz It is for a test-equipment i like to...
1
1

CardBus/ PCI addressing
I am working on a project in which I will be interfacing to a Cardbus/PCMCIA device and do not completely understand the addressing scheme. I've been told that it is the same as addressing a device...

Australian Wiring Rules
Does anyone have an electronic document containing the wiring rules for Australia, such as a PDF or Word file? If so please could you email it to me or post a link to it, many thanks. I am an...
1
1

PWM motor control for keeping in constant speed for different loading
When motor applied different loading, the motor speed will also change if there are no control circuit applied. So, I would like to design a control circuit for dc motor by using PWM. The target is...