Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Bus Bars for 12 Volt Car Stereo System
Thanks for taking time to anser my post... You said: "" "" For one, I don't really want to go that route. I am trying to design this system for show as well as functionality and I want something that...
25
25

color standarts for 3 phase AC
Hi Does anybody know what the IEC (which number of standart?) color standards are for 3 phase mains (for Europe, for US, for UK)? For information, in Russia use - L1-yellow L2-green L3-red N-blue...
5
5

Re: Harmonising UK with Europe.
I suppose what it really means is from now on, you don't ASSume anything about a wire unless you have checked BOTH ends or, as a miminum, done some quick voltage and resistance check to doublecheck...

switching magnetics
I am going to try my hand at some switching supplies that are fairly high power. Can anyone recommend a simple reference to calculate inductors? Thanks in advance Craig
3
3

Re: flickering lights
95 percent of house wiring problems such as the one you mention can be eliminated by tightening the connections in the panel and service.
5
5

Re: How to determine transformer current
If you are able to determine the rated voltage, one method I use to identify the approximate current capability is to supply the transformer with the rated primary voltage, and load the secondary...
3
3

Re: Trouble shooting digtal I/O
| | etc. Logic analyzer can only take 5V TTL signals. so I cant use it (also | too expensive!) | Appreciate any suggestions | | | You could easily build a level shifting interface, then use a logic...

Isn't using an AC adapter with way higher current ratings harmful?
27
27

Does Aerotek still have a bad reputation?
I'm a female EE that's been laid off for almost a year now. I've been getting calls left and right from temporary contractors about jobs that never develop (never hear back from them, job put on hold,...
14
14

Re: PIONEER PD-T505 schematic
Contact Pioneer Spare Parts and order the service manual. al.
4
4

Re: 8 guage 70amp wire switch
Thanks for responses. I found a place under the hood where the inverter fits perfect - no dash work might be needed afterall. The unit has been operational now for several hours and I've only been...
1
1

HELP: What Meds for Bi-Polar mental illness?
Hi, I have a son who is an electrical engineer but has been unable to continue his engineering work due to a mental illness. (bi-polar). He stopped taking medication to manage his illness about 15...
3
3

3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Question
Hello, I am looking for information on what the pins on a standard IDE 3.5" floppy disk drive do. That is, I know that pin 20 is "Step Pulse", pin 22 is "Write Data", pin 8 is "Index", etc., but I...
2
2

Power supply causes "Tingling" sensation
Recently I built a new PC with a nice 430 watt TruePower power supply. While putting the PC together I was horrified to feel a small "tingling" sensation whenever I touched any metal part on the PC...
14
14

RSLinx questions
In PLC-to-HMI interface applications, in my past experience, when I had to interface brand A PLC to brand B HMI, it was a matter of making sure the right drivers were available and installed on the...
4
4