Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Why Are There No Right Angle Traces?
You'll also find it's possible to etch finer lines if the angles are less than 90 degrees. Think a little bit about the etching acid undercutting the photoresist a little bit -- what happens at the...
38
38

Op amp schematic symbol
I could use some help determining the name and nature of the op-amp schematic symbol with a single line in and single line out and this marking (crudely represented): _ _|__ |_ Also there was another...
2
2

Re: HELP about breakers
Let me know how it went, BTW, are you sure it is GFI breaker, not Arc Fault (AFI)? Art.

Re: Paper Phenolic Substrate on PCB
If you're talking about something like XXXP, no (for a simple, low density circuit). The stuff tends to delaminate in time, has poor heat resistance, and tends to get brittle with age. Still, recall...

Re: B ARE THERE ANY REAL ENGINEERS HERE.?
I don't know where you come from but in Canada we train our Engineers to think and not get their hands dirty. We have Engineering technologists (3 year college) that can do both quite well. A...
20
20

seeking good solution for catenary lights/lighted aerial marker balls
I've been searching high and low for a reliable solution for marking transmission lines at night. I've seen a few of the lighted orange balls around but can't find a source on the internet. One of the...
2
2

Consumer Unit Question UK
Hi All. I need to replace my old fused consumer unit with a new one with MCB's and things. What would be a typical layout, where do I need to use RCD's? Any advice will be much appreciated. Best...
1
1

Paper Phenolic Substrate on PCB
Does anybody know what are the drawbacks of using a paper phenolic based pcb on a simple circuit design? | Does anybody know what are the drawbacks of using a paper phenolic | based pcb on a simple...
1
1

4 to 20 milliamp isolator
Can some one give me an idea as to why a 4 to 20 milliamp signal from the controlling computer will not control a variable speed drive, but if a 4 to 20 milliamp isolator is installed, it works and...
3
3

Re: hard disk drive and low voltage
> Will low voltage (

Re: Black - White - Red Wire on Ceiling Fan
You are all wrong. The electrician should lose his license. Read the directions for the fan. If you are not using a light fixture accessory on the fan then connect the black and red wire from the to...
1
1

Telemetry
Hi, I don't know if this is the appropriate newsgroup to ask this, I would appreciate if you could tell me if there is a better newsgroup to discuss this issue. I also posted the same on...
14
14

B TO THE PERSON IN CANADA WHO WROTE ABOUT ENGINEERS
I hit the wrong X and lost your post but to answere you. You sound like the electricians union I used to belong to Local 3. But Here Engineers (US and I suspect many Canadian engineers would disagree...
1
1

Re: wind mill generator problem
The output from the wind turbines is converted to DC, then back to AC again to so the frequency can be matched to that of the power grid. The voltage of the wind turbines I know of are 400-500ish...

Re: LC Filter QueI [pstion
in article DM8Ka.13887$ Peter at wrote on 6/24/03 8:36 PM: the bandwidth requirements for the match. Obviously, when L1 and C1 resonate, the combination looks like a short circuit. That is what seems...
2
2