Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RSLinx questions
In PLC-to-HMI interface applications, in my past experience, when I had to interface brand A PLC to brand B HMI, it was a matter of making sure the right drivers were available and installed on the...
4
4

Re: Oscilloscope for auto dx
Multi channel is nice if you want to watch eight plugs or injectors at once, but two will do. You can construct an 8 channel switch fast enough to keep up with a car's waveforms fairly cheaply. I...
5
5

three phase motor - question about kW/HP-measurement
Hi I have a problem of understanding concerning the power a motor should deliver. In europe, normally the powere is measured in kW, while at the US-Net, it is given in HP. As example, a supplier...
6
6

Re: Do cathodic J boxes have to be Class I div I?
I agree. The problem is that the NEC rules apply, but the NFPA again for the 2002 NEC rejected adding cathodic wiring to the Code. The Canadian Code has an Article for Cathodic Protection that has...

Web Site UK Electrical Engineers
We are currently building our Scottish electrical engineering company web site and we were wondering if anyone had any 32x32 pixel Icons we could use? We were hoping also to promote some free...

Re: Why is the semiconductor/IC specialty the center of the universe?
You're a bit off track here. As said before there are a lot of magazines on the subjects that you are favoring. To go back to your original question the answer is simple, ICs are in virtually in every...

b Re: Transformer question
What every one is trying to tell you, Its a bad idea. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to

active & passive device
Why inductor, capacitor and resistor are called passive device, while transistor, diode and FET are call active device!! any response will be highly appreciated! thanx!
5
5

Check this out...
A friend wants to install a 24000 BTU air conditioner in a VW repair shop with around 1920's wiring. He doesn't want to tamper with the old service panel.( I don't know what the service drop current...
4
4

Re: Why Are There No Right Angle Traces?
You'll also find it's possible to etch finer lines if the angles are less than 90 degrees. Think a little bit about the etching acid undercutting the photoresist a little bit -- what happens at the...
38
38

Op amp schematic symbol
I could use some help determining the name and nature of the op-amp schematic symbol with a single line in and single line out and this marking (crudely represented): _ _|__ |_ Also there was another...
2
2

Re: HELP about breakers
Let me know how it went, BTW, are you sure it is GFI breaker, not Arc Fault (AFI)? Art.

Re: Paper Phenolic Substrate on PCB
If you're talking about something like XXXP, no (for a simple, low density circuit). The stuff tends to delaminate in time, has poor heat resistance, and tends to get brittle with age. Still, recall...

Re: B ARE THERE ANY REAL ENGINEERS HERE.?
Wow, that must have been expensive! :) At my univeristy it was all simulation, and having worked in industry I don't think it's that bad an idea, "real" VLSI designers ever see the "real" chips, once...
20
20

seeking good solution for catenary lights/lighted aerial marker balls
I've been searching high and low for a reliable solution for marking transmission lines at night. I've seen a few of the lighted orange balls around but can't find a source on the internet. One of the...
2
2