searching for a string vibration response program on SCILAB

Hello dear members of the de.sci.ing.misc newsgroup.
I'm working on a string vibration problem dealing with differential
equations.
I'm searching for a SCILAB program that simulates the response of a string length L=1 (Omega=] 0,1 [) under an excitation F (X, T) =chi (X) cos (wt) - chi indicates the function characteristic of the interval ]a,b[ on an interval of time [0, T].
This program have to make it possible to visualize on the same graph the evolution in time of three approximate solutions:
* the numerical solution obtained by applying the method of superposition of modes (decomposition on K first clean modes),
* the solution obtained while discretizing in space by the method the finite differences.
It seems that is a classical problem which had to be well probably already written or something that approaches it. You know where I can find it please?
Many Thanks.
Hollywwod