How do you clean a large volume of bricks

    I got a box of Legos from a neighbor lady for an amazing three dollars, the     down side, her cat though the box was a urinal. So I have about three five
    gallon buckets worth of Legos and they all smell and many have simi dried     kitty pee on them.     Thanks
        Solar Fenwyth

the
five
How about some nylon stockings and the top shelf of your dishwasher?
This has been discussed before: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=washing+lego&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en
You should also search the lugnet newsgroups for cleaning instructions.
Solar Fenwyth wrote:

Lego used to have instructions on their site http://web.archive.org/web/19970110035411/www.lego.com/practical/wash.html
so what you need to do is stick them in a pillowcase and send them for a spin in the washing machine at 40degrees
--
James Stacey

www.minifig.co.uk
Thank you for the information, it was exactly what I was looking for.
    Solar Fenwyth
Whatever you do, make sure to put a lot of bleach in it.
I never noticed bleach to help any!

Forget the post about the bleach...For obvious reasons.
The best way is in warm/hot water with a hint of Mr. Clean.
When I buy lots, I fill up the bath and get all my Lego in at the same time. I then pass my hand thrue the lot and the Lego clean themselves with the water and the cleaner. Rinse everything well so no residue is left. Dry everything overnight on the counter and you're done.
HabsFan
Try oxi-clean, it seems to really bring the sparkle back, not sure why!

time.
I usually just put them in a pillow case, tie off the end, and throw them in the washing machine...works great...but don't put them in the dryer
Tom D

i used to clean them in the sink with pump handsoap
but now adays i dont clean them after i sort out the crayons,marbles,pennys,green army men, megabloks,tyco superblocks,paperclips, lincolnlogs,knex,construx,hotwheels, gijoe guns,heman swords,the double A battery and pebbles
the lego pieces dont look in that bad of shape