LEGO to STOP Producing MINDSTORM

According to slashdot and yahoo, Lego plans to stop Mindstorm !
More info on : Lego to Stop Producing Mindstorms
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040108/ap_on_bi_ge/de
nmark_lego_1

That's NOT what the article says, and what you wrote above is NOT the title of the article (at least not as I write this, and I don't remember reading that headline when I saw the article on Thursday).
It says they will pull back from electronics, but it does not specifically say that Mindstorms is dead. (It's been on life support anyway, of course.)
Kevin

Thank you for proving my point. Neither one of these links indicates that Lego has stated that Mindstorms is being discontinued.
Kevin

Look at the title of the slashdot article.

Pierre, I did: and as I said, there is nothing in the *ACTUAL TEXT OF THE NEWS ARTICLE* that quotes the Lego company as saying MS is dead.
What there is, is the exact same hysteria that started this thread; a jumping to conclusions from facts not in evidence.
A Lego rep has already made a public statement that MS is not dead:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?nb5
Kevin
Slashdot titles are written up by whoever posts the story link. Obviously they make mistakes.