Australia Laws

I'm a locksmith who goes back & forth between working as one full time
and doing on the side. Right now it's the later.
I'm about to move to Australia in March and wanted to know if anyone
knew the laws down there on both the possession of tools and the
actually working as a locksmith. Do they have different laws for
different states and maybe even local jurisdictions?
I'm not planning on going down there to work as a locksmith, but I
would hate to give up my tools because it's always a trade I can fall
back on.
Thanks.
Tom Collins
tom{underscore}collins[at]bellsouth{dot}net
(let's see a bot decipher this addy!)
Reply to
invalid unparseable
Tom,
We have a few Australian locksmiths that frequent this group and I'm sure some of them will get back to you on this. I envy you.... Nice country and the guys on here seem to be a great bunch.
Leon Rowell
Tom Coll> I'm a locksmith who goes back & forth between working as one full time
Reply to
Leon Rowell
Tools shouldn't be a drama, but just be aware that if you do a few jobs on the sly, and you get caught out, without a licence or ABN number (tax) etc, then they will have your guts for garters. Just bring some type of credentials with you re- your previous Locky employment etc. There are a few Locksmith associations here such as 'The Master Locksmiths Association', Locksmiths Guild Of Australia, Australian And New Zealand Locksmiths Association. Cheers mate.
Reply to
Steve Paris
Thanks Steve. If I do start up locksmithing again, I'll make sure to do it legit. But my hope is that my business of writing software for sale will keep me quite comfortable.
I would say cheers back to you, but I can't quite bring myself to use the lingo until after I move there. You'll have to settle for a thanks.
| | "Tom Collins" <tom{underscore}collins[at]bellsouth{dot}net> wrote in message | news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... | > Thanks! This was very good information. How about possession of tools? | > I would still like to take some with me just in case. | > | | Tools shouldn't be a drama, but just be aware that if you do a few jobs on | the sly, and you get caught out, without a licence or ABN number (tax) etc, | then they will have your guts for garters. Just bring some type of | credentials with you re- your previous Locky employment etc. There are a few | Locksmith associations here such as 'The Master Locksmiths Association', | Locksmiths Guild Of Australia, Australian And New Zealand Locksmiths | Association. Cheers mate. | | -- | Steve Paris L/S | Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland | Australia. | | |
Reply to
invalid unparseable

Site Timeline