2 years post doc position

Company: Electricite de France (EdF) is a 140.000 employee company which produce and transport electricity
in France, EdF group has about 40 - 50 subsidaries around the world.
Location and description: R&D division (2500 persons) close to Paris (Fontainebleau) in a Material Science department, to work in a material simulation lab. The applications are for nuclear component (pressure vessel, internal structure, cladding materials) and other applications (such as photovoltaique, energy storage). Our simulation scale and techniques go from ab initio calculations, classical molecular dynamics, kinetic Monte Carlo, up to meso scale simulation (dislocation dynamics).
Subject: In the framework of radiation damage modelling (bcc iron and austenitic steels), we have posibility for funding in the framework of an EURATOM European project for a 2 years post doc position, starting beginning next year (2004). The work will contribute to the simulation of the evolution of the microstructure under irradiation conditions.
First deadline: 15 october for sending the proposition. (there might be other possibilities within a few months)
Contact: If you are interested, or if you know someone interested please forward the message, to get more details. The candidate should be european, and we need to start procedure right now asap. Please, send letter and resume (CV) by email: snipped-for-privacy@edf.fr
Christophe DOMAIN EDF R&D Dpt MMC Les Renardieres F-77250 Moret sur Loing France