Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

anti-vibration mounts
could try this they have a pretty big range of anti-vibration mounts Anti Vibration Mountings and Vibration Isolation Mounts by Polymax - one of the largest distributors of AV Mounts, Rubber Shock...

Cutting Tooling - Blunt Blades
Hello all, I am looking for some forward thinking engineers to offer advice on development tooling for a cutting system that I am working on at present. The equipment in question is a 10 lane tape...
4
4

Bake Hardening Steel
Dear friends,I want to know what is the Bake Hardening Steel? what are the processes to make this kind of low steel carbon. Please tell me some informations,and some links to follow. thanks a lot.
1
1

The checkup . . .
Thought I'd let my doctor check me, 'Cause I didn't feel quite right. . . All those aches and pains annoyed me And I couldn't sleep at night. He could find no real disorder But he wouldn't let it...

Fluidized Bed Gas-Gas Heat Exchanger
For decades chemical engineers have known that the particles in a fluidized bed "scour" through the thermal boundary layer resulting in heat transfer coefficients an order of magnitude higher that...
16
16

"ofefin"?
is "ofefin a typo for olefin? i find no compound database reference to it - only cheap import product purporting to me made of it. organicer?

Ozone oxidation of nickel
I'm trying to make some tunnel junctions that require forming about 25 angstroms of NiO on an evaporated nickel surface, and then putting down some more nickel on top. Currently I'm doing it in a very...
3
3

Chemical Resistant Clear Guarding
I am looking for a clear perspecx type material to be used for machinery guarding, it needs to have a degree of flexibility and be resistant to chemical cleaning & attack. Toughened glass is not...

Metal single crystal
Hi all, I would ask if is it reasonably feasible to obtain a *perfect* single crystal (size of one to some mm) from a typical metal (no borderlines, such Bi, Sb, etc.). Now, admitting that such task...
2
2

EC-funded Research Visits: Application Deadline 15/05/2007
REMINDER! HPC-Europa: EC-funded research visits for computational scientists ----------------------------------------------------------------- Next HPC-EUROPA deadline for applications: 15 May 2007...

Bioelectronics and Bioinspired Materials Abstract Call FBIT 2007 (deadline approaching)
Bio-ICT convergence call: or extended abstracts are due in the next 10 days The event is technically co-sponored by the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology...

MICRO PHOSPHATE
what's micro phosphate?what's the reason for whitish coating in this micro phosphate?(IRON SIDE)what's the specification(TA,FA,TEMPRATURE,IRON CONTENT)

Materials Weathering Laboratory in UK
Best prices with UKAS accreditation in Europe. Accelerated Weathering Laboratory (AWL) Ltd Berkeley House BSS South Marston South Marston Park Swindon SN3 4TG AWL are experts in accelerated weathering...

Expanded Clay
Hi all Sorry in advance, I'm not even sure about the correctness of the subject: translated word by word from ''Argilla espansa''. I imagine that this would be a sort of thermal insulator. Could...

Mechanics: Modeling, Experimentation and Computation
PLZ JOIN The group for Mechanics: Modeling, Experimentation and Computation Google Groups